ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 horrendous misfire

RB 182
My 182 has had a misfire the last couple weeks, it’s pretty much constant although when you flick the key off then on it runs fine for about a minute, it is pretty much undeliverable when misfiring it pops, has almost no power and if your trying to pull away on an up hill it won’t move at all.

It runs perfectly above 5k rpm

No fault codes

New plugs , leads and coil pack approx 1 year/ 7000 miles ago

Have cleaned the connections on white plug under fuse box last week

All main earths replaced last week

When watching data stream on the OBD reader the LOAD_PCT is around 60% at idle

Throttle position will not go above 66% on OBD reader

Car has only ever had ‘premium’ fuel put in while I’ve owned it

Have checked all relays/ fuses I could find

When watching data stream while it’s misfiring the 02 sensors read rich and fuel trims go to -100%

It only started doing this a couple weeks ago and I can’t work out why so hopefully someone on here has some idea what’s wrong with it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
With the fuel trim going to -100 that seems to me like an o2 sensor issue, it seems to think there is a lot more fuel going in than there is, did Bosch o2 sensors get fitted?

RB 182
With the fuel trim going to -100 that seems to me like an o2 sensor issue, it seems to think there is a lot more fuel going in than there is, did Bosch o2 sensors get fitted?
Will look out the receipts tonight and see if they were Bosch, are the Bosch ones no good?

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I spent ages chasing a miss on mine. I’d replaced the lambda sensor so ruled them out but it turned out they were the issues.

For whatever reason they only seem to like the genuine Bosch ones. Any other brand sensor will likely cause you issues.

RB 182
Found the receipt for my o2 sensors and they were eBay specials, will try some Bosch ones in it see if that solves my issues

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Would anyone have a part number for the Bosch o2 sensors?
Part number 0258006046. These are mine which I bought from my local Renault dealership but it’s effectively a Bosch sensor.

CB296B06-5281-409C-A91C-5B976A6EC9FD.jpeg

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
You often get O2 error codes with any misfire.

Run it for a few moments. Pull plugs out and look at all the wetness on one. Exhaust probably smells rich as too.

If it is injector don't drive it, change injector and oil.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Plus ecu ignores O2 on start up, so they misfire after a few moments not straight away.

Plus you would only need to change one (the pre cat one), post cat can be anything you like.
I might have to take it all back:

then on it runs fine for about a minute,

Pre cat lambda, mine was rattling because all the insides weren't attached any more. You can confirm this for free by swapping the pre cat lambda with the post cat.

If your car hasn't had them it is also likely due injectors. When my injector failed the car ran progressively richer to the point of missfire but it smelt very rich before it began to miss.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa