ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

misfire no4 - HT leads numbering or not- Help needed urgently

Hi Everybody,
1.2ltr 16v clio 2004
have misfire on no4 cylnder, obd confirms this (misfire no4, misfire low fuel)when checking coil pack something is strange in that the leads seem straight forward except the last 2 leads at the belt end of the engine don't look right. the second lead from the belt end goes under the lead nearest the belt end and goes to no 4 the other to no 3 cyl.

These 2 leads are as tight as a bowstring you could not get a feeler gauge under them its so tight. So have looked at coil pack and its a 3 bolt pack, to cut long story short the car needs a 4 bolt pack (confirmed by supplier via reg no) which I now have. But the old coil pack leads are not numbered and the new ones are not either, I know they use the wasted spark system divided into pairs.

I believe previous owner fitted wrong pack so can anyone tell me the lead numbering I would expect the lead to go in a logical position with there being no crossover see diagrams as detailed below.

Red Marks the crossed over leads, I would have changed them around but since car needs 4 screw fixing and were cheap enough better with correct ones fitted!

Coil pack
B O O O O F
E | | | | L
L \ / | | Y
T / \ | | Wheel end
s | | | |
1 2 3 4
Spark plugs

Possible correct leads

Coil pack
B O O O O F
E | | | | L
L | | | | Y
T | | | | Wheel
s | | | |
1 2 3 4
Spark plugs

If some one can tell me the correct layout say numbered from the electric connector end it would be appreciated

Just want to be on the safe side It might not cure the misfire but at least it will be 1 less thing to chase.

The misfire is intermittent in that the car run o/k but you can feel the misfire now and again.

Thanks in advance
BBM

Last edited: