ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Misfire problem solved!

Clio 182
Discovered a misfire a week ago, EML light flashing and the car was running rough especially on idol, so after scanning the car it wasn't being very specific, code P0300 (misfire cylinder/cylinders) so this was a start.
After reading up on here, most people changed the coil pack, leads and plugs so this was my port of call. Looking at the spark plugs 1-2-3 looked ok but number 4 (cylinder 4 nearest drivers side) was loaded with carbon, which lead me to think injectors.
After rescanning the car a more specific code of P0304 came up which confirmed cylinder 4 was at fault. Next stop new injector which I bought and fitted, swine to get the fuel rail off but advise on here saved the day.
Just back from a good run out and all is well, apart from being £160 lighter lol. But a great feeling knowing it's all working sweet.

182 Trophy
Well done, great result! Nice to hear about some logical, evidence-based diagnosis taking place :up: Proves it can be done DIY with simple diagnosis equipment and use of the forum.

Clio 182
Thanks buddy, I just wanted to post the results in case anyone else had similar issues. People have kindly put things on here and just thought I would pay it back.

Clio 182
The misfire is back again, just bought the pre cat O2 lambda sensor. Fingers crossed its that. Will fit it ASAP.

Clio 182
image.jpg

BG182
pre cat lamba has been the culprit twice for me, 3rd time was corroded pins in a connector block, 4th time a trapped ht lead, 5th time a full bottle of redex injector cleaner sorted it.

Clio 182
Will also try the Redex, thanks for the tip bud. I did change the P0304 injector along with all new leads, plugs and Cpack but the misfire code still appears (flashing EML). Would a shot O2 sensor bring the misfire code up? I would have presumed it would be its own code.