ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Misfire still persistent, please help before i lose my mind!

Posted a once or maybe tiwce before about current problem so i wont rant on, list of whats been done;

New coil pack
New leads
New spark plugs
Previous owner kindly donated a 2nd hand fuel rail with injectors

After all this was fitted it ran fine, then developed low rev misfire (then fired on all 4 once under load) and now its back to feeling like the multiple misfire.

Today tried a quick test of disconnecting injector plugs and HT leads in turn to try to process of elimination but the became noticeable worse with each one i disconnected then smoothed out once plugged back in but still had the misfire.
Im still suspect of the injectors but the chances are unlikely that this second lot of injectors have the same problem.
Also done compression test 180psi on 3 then the last one been 100psi (but still in the green)

Obviously have the orange engine light which will either flash or stay on.
Point in the right direction would be great..i really miss my Clio!

M2 Comp
Have you had it plugged into a diagnostics code reader?

That would always be my first point of call rather than keep replacing parts until something fixes it.

53 Clio's & counting
100 psi is too low!

180 psi is very good reading, but all cylinders should be within 10% of each other, and 100 psi is WAY Too low.

also, what plugs have been fitted? They NEED to be NGK PFR6E-10

I only have a hand held code reader which is not up to the task. I had the AA come out (just to tow it to partners garage) and they did a scan which came back as 'multiple misfire, sorry i cannot remember the code off top of my head, P0300 i think but dont quote me.

After the misfire had been temporally fixed i took to local tyre and exhaust place (intermediate silencer was cracked) he did a scan as it was running very rough and came up with loads of codes but it was off the stuff that had been disconnected in the process of fixing and had not been cleared after. He did some logging (only on idle) and said the injectors were pulling all the fuel that was possible and to be brutally honest i dont know what to do with that information.
This scan also came up with Destructive Misfire but once again this could of been from before we fitted all the replacement parts

Whitby, North Yorkshire. Im in desperate need of knowledgeable garage and tbh their few and far between in this neck of the woods..unless you have a tractor or a boat!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
bit far away for me to help lol. As others have said though, 100psi vs 180psi is too much of a difference, even if its still in the green. I would be looking at whats causing this...

Yeah this took me aback a little when it returned this result (tried both wet and dry tests) but it just gets me how it did run, admittedly only for a short while, on 4 cylinders after the replacement injectors with the low compression leading me to believe that yes i do have a problem but that is another sum of money for another day!

One thing id like to know is how much oil do these engines use? (im used to diesels!) as i topped it up before going to Nurburgring, didt budge a bit al trip, check it Spa still the same but on the return leg (roughly 500 miles) it managed to drink half a litre or so..just making me worry about head gasket

Clio sport
Mines got the same problem !! And iv done the suggested Im thinking maybe it's a common problem :/