ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

misfire under acceleration

VW T4 van, 172 cup
sorry to start another thread but i couldent find anyone with the same problem.

I have a ph2 172 cup track car with a intermittent misfire under hard acceleration. it only happens when its really hot and from about 5k. the misfire is like a cough/ hiccup and it doesent matter if it is moving or if its sat out of gear. i have changed the plugs, leads, and coil pack but none of these have fixed the fault.

wondering if its a sensor problem like lambda/ MAP or if its a fuel problem. I havent got it put on a fault reader as i thought i would give it a go before giving it to a garage been as it is an intermittent fault.

any ideas would be great :)

Stagecoach Ticket
Could be loads of things mate plug it will cost you less

Circuit knock sensor, lam sensor, air reg sensor, injector problem, cat on the way out, air leak could be soooo many things

VW T4 van, 172 cup
just as follow up i thought i would strip the intake and inspect the injector rail. nothing obvious showed up so fitted it all back. also checked the lambda sensors to see damage. again nothing obvious. took it out for another test run and now running ok :S think il leave it now until its on the track again and see if wiggling wires has fixed it for good