ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Misfire under any load

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
Sorry for another misfire thread, can't find one similar.

My mk3 1.2 started misfiring under load between 1 - 2.5kish but was fine at higher revs.

I've not had chance to get it sorted as I drive a lot for work but In the past few days it has got much worse. It now happens through the whole rev range under the slightest of load. You really have to tickle the throttle everywhere for it to behave itself. In 5th on the motorway with cruise on it will bog down uphill and the eml flashes. If I turn the car off and on it clears and runs fine until I put enough load on. If it's only loaded for a few seconds then the eml turns itself off and normal running resumes.

It ticks over on all cylinders but will hesitate and drop revs.

Does this sound like fuel or ignition? Plugs look fine, haven't tried coils yet as I don't want to just throw money at it, but the leads look fine.

Any ideas?

Do these have individual coil packs? If you know someone with the same car you could swap them over and see if it fixes the problem.

If you can plug it in to a clip thingy (technical term) you might get some codes to help identify the issue.

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
I've managed to get a code reader on it and have the following... cylinder two injector?
IMG_5163.JPG
IMG_5165.JPG

I am no expert... lol

Have you checked the intake system for air leaks? If a pipe has a leak and it's sucking air in through it at a location past the point that sensors measure what is coming in (especially when the load increases on the engine and therefore on the intake system), the mix in the cylinder will have less fuel than required for the air volume, meaning it will be running lean and be read as such by the lambda sensor in the exhaust (if I understand it correctly).