ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Misfire

Clio sport 172 cup
So basically driving to work this morning and the car decides to misfire for about a minute or so then it clears itself and drives fine,I drive it at lunchtime for a mile or so to go to the shop and on the drive back it starts misfiring badly with elm light flashing at me,get it back to work and put it on clip and it has a destructive misfire and a misfire on cylinder 2,after work I take the manifold off and check the spark plugs,not in great condition and number two plug is covered in water???i changed the plugs and have swapped number 2 and 4 ht leads,drove home fine but I swear it's still misfiring every now and again,if it brings a fault back up I'm hoping it will be cylinder 4 to pinpoint the ht lead but if it's still cylinder two then I'm assuming it must be the pack itself as it had number two and three injectors replaced before I bought it,at my work ironically,I work for Renault but don't have that much dealing with older Clio sports as people don't usually come to dealers!lol so do 172/182 clips suffer with coil packs going down?i would have thought it would take two cylinders down if the pack failed but if it stays on cylinder 2 it must be the pack coz I've ruled out the lead,plug and injector?
Ryan

Clio 172 Ph1
the number 2 plug was covered in water? you mean there was water in the cylinder or the plug was wet on the outside?

Clio sport 172 cup
The electrode was covered in water and the cylinder was wet,it had an injector on number 2 in October and normally for an injector issue it brings up an injector fault in clip,the spark plugs were all rusty but number 2 was soaking wet,I haven't been losing coolant at all but it did just look like water,drove it last night and this morning and it drives okay but swear it still misfires now and again

renault clio 1.4 16v
bad news
it seems that I have the same problem
I brought it to the garage and they checked with diagnostic software but nothing, the coils seems ok and the sparks too
maybe I should check something else,
any idea??
thanks

renault clio 1.4 16v
it looks like the petrol is not good because the same problem is having one friend of mine with an opel astra 2002
today it was powered on emissions warning light and the engine works the same with abnormal noise and shake (like an misfire but more smooth)
I should use the remaining fuel (maybe 15 liters) or I should remove it??
is it an easy way to remove the fuel completely without opening the tank??
thanks

renault clio 1.4 16v
I found a guy who remove all the fuel and filter it, recycle
he found aprox 100ml of water in 15 litres of petrol, he filtered it and put back the petrol on the tank
the clio is working again bad, like misfiring (3 pistons) but of course less shake
it has 2 days with this problem and I dont know what to do or what to check,
with diagnostic OBD II is not having any error code

clio sport 182
I found a guy who remove all the fuel and filter it, recycle
he found aprox 100ml of water in 15 litres of petrol, he filtered it and put back the petrol on the tank
the clio is working again bad, like misfiring (3 pistons) but of course less shake
it has 2 days with this problem and I dont know what to do or what to check,
with diagnostic OBD II is not having any error code
have the same prob and I my self say it the coil pack as its a common fault on the sports and have the wet plugs as well it because it not getting the right spark to it