ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Misting up interior

Every time i work late at work, go back to my car and its all misted up inside. Have to wait ages for it to clear.

what causes this? is is because the cars damp inside, i hope not :cry:

anyone else suffer this problem?

Quote: Originally posted by 16vClio on 02 November 2004

Quote: Originally posted by KDF on 02 November 2004

Ye just hit the magic button !
Some of us dont have any of the above, AC or CC, just a heater! :(
ive got air con... but to clear it quickly do i want it on hot, or cold?

my thoughts are cold cos then the car will be same temp as outside?

I have the same problem....especially in teh mornings when its cold, get in the car and wihtin seconds the window is steamed up and then you have to wait ages for it to clear....but then mine is a mk1 and older

don't

maybe the car isnt air tight

but yea anyway, u want it hot mate really!

its weird how it works i know

im sure if u look at the other cars in the carpark they are all the same so its normally nout 2 worry about

Valver

Yeah my mk1 always mists up over night and when its cold :(

So does it demist quicker when u start it up and put the blower on hot or on cold?

btw whats cc stand for? :oops:

Clio 1.4, SV650S

when the air con system cools the air, the moisture in it condenses. (this is why sometimes water drips out of the air con if youve had it on a lot in the summer).

basically this makes the air you blow onto the screen dry so it clears the moisture quicker than the moist air that hasnt been through the air con.

dunno how the heater works, if it passes over the heater matrix before or after the air con (i imagine after?) i suppose warm dry air will work better than cold air.

if i have cold aircon on the screen it sometimes starts to steam up on the outside because the glass gets so cold!!! (i find it amusing for soem reason)

Ziel Nurburgring

Like he said above, its the dry air that clears it. All the moisture has been removed, hence why i f*cks your sinouss if you leave the aircon on during a long motorway journey.

And CC is climate control. 172/182 have it a standard, otherwise its an option on new version clios

i work nights and my clio was steamed up like i have never seen B4 the other morning....ive invested in some anti mist window treatment by the makers of "Rain X"... Havent had the weather conditions to say whether it has helped solve the prob or not yet.,but in saying that since i applied it i havent had misty windows.ull find it at halfords with the rain X bout £4.99 i think

RB 182

Bart, youll have to say how the demisting stuff is, my mates car is awful so for a fiver it would be worth it.