ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk VII Golf GTi

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
So here it is, 220bhp and circa 26k.

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=27202

It looks as you'd expect!

NewGolfGTI_04_zps10943e9e.jpg

DB.

BMW 440i
Subtle tweaks, didn't expect anything else. Prefer the Mk 6 though.

I'll be going for an Audi next though.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Looks tidy IMO.

I don't get why people are surprised by evolutionary changes. It's a shape/design that sells, so why change it too much and potentially alienate their large customer base? If VW were on their arse then yeah, but they're not.

DB.

BMW 440i
If they wanted to have radical change, they could just invent a new range, rather than changing a solid seller. Nothing to moan about

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Thats what i thought mate, suprised me actually - i see almost 3-4 GTi's a day (mk6) i'd say. I thought they sold a fooking shed load, they're fantastic cars aswell, mk4 was a bit of a bum steer but 5/6 are just brilliant!

It's an all new platform. It looks similar to the previous car because the previous car looked good. I suppose they could have made it 5-door only, and made the front badge bigger than a dinner plate. Oh hang on a minute...

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
It's an all new platform. It looks similar to the previous car because the previous car looked good. I suppose they could have made it 5-door only, and made the front badge bigger than a dinner plate. Oh hang on a minute...

Hover craft isn't hover craft backward's.

RACECAR.

53 Clio's & counting
The new chassis cost £50 billion to develop - FFS I can't even invison that much money.

They do look good, obviously pretty much the same but thats the whole point.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Even today, a proper tidy 2001 Mk4 Golf Gti looks good on the road.

The Mk6 (?) in GTI form looks brilliant out on the road also.

This is the reason that VW are doing well and Renault are on their ass. Mk4 Clio anyone? flol!

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
220bhp is not enough to cut it in today's fwd hit hatch market IMO, especially with the R priced so steeply.

Looks just like a golf.

220bhp is not enough to cut it in today's fwd hit hatch market IMO.

Pretty sure that sales will prove your opinion to be false. Although I do partly agree. More would be nice.

Personally I'm a bit f**ked for hot hatches now, as there's nothing out there that can match the performance and character of my current shed. Any upgrade is going to be a downgrade in that regard :(

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Pretty sure that sales will prove your opinion to be false. Although I do partly agree. More would be nice.

Personally I'm a bit f**ked for hot hatches now, as there's nothing out there that can match the performance and character of my current shed. Any upgrade is going to be a downgrade in that regard :(

RS3

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
220bhp is not enough to cut it in today's fwd hit hatch market IMO, especially with the R priced so steeply.

Looks just like a golf.

People seem to miss the point of a Golf GTi, its not built to be THE fastest hot hatch, nor is it built to be the best handling hot hatch or able to set the quickest time around the Nurburgring. Its designed to do everything you'd want out of a car, all wrapped up in a quality package the french can only dream about. If you want a brand new hot hatch, theres very little thats as good as a Golf at doing everything and in particular, doing the day to day mundane drive.

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
People seem to miss the point of a Golf GTi, its not built to be THE fastest hot hatch, nor is it built to be the best handling hot hatch or able to set the quickest time around the Nurburgring. Its designed to do everything you'd want out of a car, all wrapped up in a quality package the french can only dream about. If you want a brand new hot hatch, theres very little thats as good as a Golf at doing everything and in particular, doing the day to day mundane drive.

Very well put!

aucky

ClioSport Club Member

It will be a success for sure, partly for reasons above, and partly because its fame for being the default hot hatch. Lazy car shoppers trust the brand.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
MK 5 & 6 golf Gti are great cars . LOL at all the boring dull Blah Quotes , most from people who have never driven mk5 or 6 . The new mk7 golf is same platform as new audi a3 but with more kit for a lot less cash, and the GTi mk7 will be same as last 2 mk 6 and 7 gtis hold its money better than almost anything else and sell shedloads the best all round car you car buy imo . Not as quick as some hot hatches now std but thats not really what its about.

Wheels look s**t thou needs BBS ch's

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Great post mate. Sadly this is CS. BMW 330 > All.