ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk VII Golf GTi

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Front end looks good but then boring as hell otherwise. No doubt it'll be well built and drive nicely but it's going all Mk4 again imo, well built but nothing special. Going to get left behind other Manufacturers.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
So VW are basically releasing the slowest hot hatch in the market place over £25k, nice job VW.

And yet they'll still sell by the bucket load. Because they're built well, reliable, have good residuals and don't look like a 17 year old chavs wet dream.

DB.

BMW 440i
So VW are basically releasing the slowest hot hatch in the market place over £25k, nice job VW.

It's not just about speed though is it, it's about the build quality which is immense. I'd rather be going from 0-60mph half a second slower in a better, more premium car.

And yet they'll still sell by the bucket load. Because they're built well, reliable, have good residuals and don't look like a 17 year old chavs wet dream.

This, pull up in a tuned VXR that could do 0-60 in 5 seconds, and a Mk 7 GTI that can do it in 6.5 seconds, and 90% of the market will still opt for the Golf if they were priced the same.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I think thats one of the best looking hatches on the market tbh.

You mean you'd rather have the golf than a Megane with its comedy yellow seatbelts, rock hard chairs and plastic bolt on wheel arch extensions?? How very dare you...

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172

FLOL very well put Daniel 100 % AGREE ! it will probly be quicker than most with just a stage 1 map anyway if thats all you want ed30 goes fom 230 to 300 with just a map and knowing VW it probly be putting out a fair bit more power than they state anyway . Take the new Astra VXR 27k ish now 3 years worth probly less than half that at most , Golf 25k spec to 27 with options 3 years will be worth at least 4k more than the vxr IMO.

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

It's not really about that though is it? Also, does anyone buy car's these days?

It's the gentlemans hot hatch. Not a semi track car.

As stated already, you're buying a quality product with superb build quality!

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
FLOL very well put Daniel 100 % AGREE ! it will probly be quicker than most with just a stage 1 map anyway if thats all you want ed30 goes fom 230 to 300 with just a map and knowing VW it probly be putting out a fair bit more power than they state anyway . Take the new Astra VXR 27k ish now 3 years worth probly less than half that at most , Golf 25k spec to 27 with options 3 years will be worth at least 4k more than the vxr IMO.

70bhp from a remap??

Also, the Vauxhall has a 100k/10 year warranty - that's hard to ignore.

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
That may well be the case, but i think this new Astra is supposedly a blinder. It ran rings around the Focus ST, that say's alot.

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Neither am i mate! Infact i find most VXR driver's are full blown pellet's. I think i've yet to see one that's not being peddled!

People REALLY need to get over the Vauxhall stigma. It's Opel. You'd swear most people think they're engineered and built in Luton. It's basically a German car, as is the Ford Focus.

On topic, I'm fairly sure that VW know where to pitch their car in the market. Most GTi buyers will think 220hp is 'ample' and those that don't will buy the inevitable R.

It always amuses me when people from The Internet think they know how to run a global car manufacturing business. No offence aimed at any individuals of course.