ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 hydraulic clutch?

1.8 16v Mk1 Ph1 + S14a
Hi,

Is there a hydraulic conversion to get rid of the awful cable clutch?

(Car in quesiton Mk1 ph1 1.8 16v)

Matthew

1.8 16v Mk1 Ph1 + S14a
Its not heavy. I just don't like having to push it ALL the way down to engage the darn thing. Sounds silly, but if I don't get the clutch down "just right" with the tip of my shoe, it won't go all the way down. I'm not being a wimp, i just like a clutch that 'catches' higher up.

Matthew

Its not heavy. I just don't like having to push it ALL the way down to engage the darn thing. Sounds silly, but if I don't get the clutch down "just right" with the tip of my shoe, it won't go all the way down. I'm not being a wimp, i just like a clutch that 'catches' higher up.

Matthew
Do you have mats in the way preventing it from going all the way down?

Could be the clutch itself on the way out if it's biting that low! (iirc?)

I thought they were self-adjusting though?

When I had mine done it wouldn't engage reverse unless I'd switched off and started it in gear with my foot on the clutch, but it fixed itself! lol

1.8 16v Mk1 Ph1 + S14a
I will investigate more... currently looking for the reason why the blower won't work... in the rain :rolleyes: (Looking for the resistor unit but can't find it for the mk1 hehe)

Matthew

Scenic mk1 (F3R)
mine is near the floor and im used to it but i hate sitting in traffic my leg just dies and thats with a clutch and cable from renault and a new pedal all fitted at the same time by a renault expert

Scenic mk1 (F3R)
it shouldnt bite that low, mine doesnt have to go anywhere near right to the floor to change gear (different car i know but similar set up

the mk1 non sports aint got the same set up mate the clutch on the non sport mk1's is very light and nowhere near the deck

Scenic mk1 (F3R)
there's a question in its self then whats the clutch like on the mk1 172 just to get a kind of comparison

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
not sure if there all the same but i sat in seans when he got his buckets fitted and when i pressed the clutch it was really heavy compaired to my 1.2 but then didnt notice any difference between mine and gibsons when i drove his 2003 mk2 172 with 30k on the clock (my 1.2 clutch has done about 15k and has brand new cable done less than 2k)