ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 losing coolant?

Mk1 Clio + Mk5 Jetta
It's used from around the max mark to just over the min mark on the coolant bottle in around 500 miles. Sometimes there has been a little bit of water from the exhaust but I've only noticed it when the car was cold so thought it may of been condensation.

If anyone has any advice on what I can look for to diagnose it that'd be great. I'm really hoping its not the head :(

Also the oil and water have not mixed from what I can see.

Mk1 Clio + Mk5 Jetta
BUMP.

Still using water. The oil and water have definitely not mixed and there is no smoke coming from the exhaust. Car is also running absolutely fine and cannot spot any leaks.

Clio Mk1+Fiesta Mk6
have you checked round where the water pump is? i remember mine used almost all its water in just a 30 mile trip and it was because of a leaking water pump but you could only see it leaking when it was running. hope you find out what it is.