ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 + Mk2 Boost in Warwick

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Popped down a while back to see Ross in his Cup turbo, had a blat out, bit of giggle passenger style in each car, then a blat up the highways and byways.

Took the liberty of a couple of harf arfsed snaps at Kenilworth Castle (I think, Ross correct me if I'm wrong?!

excuse the sloppy underexposure, I was lazy on the bulk image processing! lol!

9503310067_ee73c0d65e_b.jpg
<br>IMG_5363 by Coops_Turbo, on Flickr<br></p><p>
9503288627_d541425b41_b.jpg
<br>IMG_5366 by Coops_Turbo, on Flickr<br></p><p>
9503263333_e538f044e9_b.jpg
<br>IMG_5367 by Coops_Turbo, on Flickr<br></p><p>
9503252603_256025fd59_b.jpg
<br>IMG_5371 by Coops_Turbo, on Flickr<br></p><p>
9503241175_f300311b3c_b.jpg
<br>IMG_5372 by Coops_Turbo, on Flickr<br></p><p>
9503231677_211c9e55e5_b.jpg
<br>IMG_5375 by Coops_Turbo, on Flickr<br></p><p>
9503221531_84f9b14d5e_b.jpg
<br>IMG_5376 by Coops_Turbo, on Flickr<br></p><p>
9506008060_b3a0cb8a79_b.jpg
<br>IMG_5380 by Coops_Turbo, on Flickr<br></p><p>
9503198953_99f18a47f4_b.jpg
<br>IMG_5381 by Coops_Turbo, on Flickr <br></p><p>
9505985280_ff8ec64a24_b.jpg
<br>IMG_5384 by Coops_Turbo, on Flickr<br></p><p>
9505972946_742a2676f4_b.jpg
<br>IMG_5387 by Coops_Turbo, on Flickr<br></p><p>
9503165601_cdde56157f_b.jpg
<br>IMG_5390 by Coops_Turbo, on Flickr<br></p><p>
9505951940_08f2cd8105_b.png
<br>IMG_5391 by Coops_Turbo, on Flickr</p>

Last edited:

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Very nice, love the badges on the Cup and how standard it looks - sleeper :)

Countryman JCW
Came out nicely Ben! Yeah it was kenilworth castle... I loved the looks we were getting from people when we drove our cars onto the green, some serious curtain twitching lol!

Ben's car is class, we had some fun bullying that Porsche ;)

Thanks for the nice comments about the cup guys, it's forsale if anyone is interested

Ross

Last edited:

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
ai that was quite amusing, think we were about 2 ticks from being reported to the constabulary by some angry old biddies!lol!

and the poor lass in the Porsche got no relief, was pissing about with her all the way down the M42 :)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
She knew the risks and she started it lol!

rofl, it was the way she just stared ahead like nothing was going on, the confusion in her face as das porker failed to deliver and two clios sailed by, epic!

got your last couple of txt's mate too, phones been playing up is all so will reply asap ;)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Yes it is! shame he wont sell it ;)

If you ever did decide to sell it @Coops Turbo i want first dibs, although i have a feeling Im probably last in a VERY long line!

In the highly unlikely event of me ever selling it, we all know how this goes, all the prospective buyers disappear/no cash, so you never know Ross ;)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
lol, hark at you vulture boy ;) yeah I couldn't separate it from the plate, its been on it 10 years I think now inc previous owner

Countryman JCW
Did you say its in bits at the moment? or just sorn'd whilst you crack on with the new MK1 ?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
sorn'd and unfortunately in bits too mate, sold the parts off it to pay for the new track toy with a view to returning it to standard interior

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
still going to be a while @r0ss172 I'm afraid, I keep having to buy grown up things like laminate floors and day beds and s**t!lol!

Countryman JCW
Still one of my all time favorite Mark 1s. Plus yes, where is the GTT?
I've offered to buy it from him numerous times.... but he wont sell! think its being eaten to death now by the dread rust from reading his previous posts!

.... nips off to look for a tidy mk1 to turbo :grin:

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
What's the story then mate @Coops Mk1

just s**t and s**t mate, started to use the car for trackdays rather than just posing and santa pod. with the open diff and more road orientated suspension setup it wasn't perfoming great and I had loads of issues with overheating etc with the turbo lump. was looking at big bucks to put it right and wanted to do trackdays.

figured best route was to go to n/a, then the red car popped up with everything basically ready run an F4R mk1 for not much cash so had to buy it

and the track parts from the turbo were sold to fund the red one's spec up to a decent track day hack.

idea then was to return the turbo to stock interior, stick with boost and widetrack it with 172 parts, but life gets in the way! turbo lump was dead so got ripped out and suspension all removed and that's just how its sat

then I found rot on the front jack points, so it needs more work and at the mo I just want to go on trackdays so red one has taken priority!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
although I hate when Ross keeps digging up old threads and pics of the car like this, I think he's more angry at the situation than me, flol!

does make me miss it, such a great and pretty car in its heyday

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
That's a shame mate as I really liked this car and you had put so more time and money in it! I also remember you saying how much the full respray was!

And totally understand about life getting in the way - same story with my 5 turbo.