ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk1 or mk2 cilo V6

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 26 September 2004

Quote: Originally posted by shmall on 26 September 2004

I am thinking of upgrading the clutch because the std one is slipping already :(

Simon.
really? isnt it covered under warranty?

Yeah its warranty covered, its just that while they are doing it (and I am thinking of giving it more power) I thought Id kill two birds with one stone.... :D

Simon.

If you look at from a pure engineering point of view then the Mk2 is superior because the geometry has been better sorted.

The Mk1 was kinda rushed by Reno because of the amount of orders they recieved having shown it at a Motor Show (cant remember which one now). The problem was that the car was a bitza made to look good. The engineers had to in a short space come up with a car ready for production. If you look beneath the skin of a Mk1 & Mk2 they are very different.

People say the Mk1 is the real v6 as its raw and has edgier handling, although in prectice most drivers on the road will never reach the edge of its envelope on the dry anyway. The v6 had revised pick up points for the suspension and has been dulled a little to give a far more neutral but safer car.

The looks are purely personal. I prefer the Mk2 as the wheels are better and bigger and the interior is much better.

You pays your money and takes your choice, both are iconic, both are futuire classics and both great fun.

Forester Sti, SC Clio V6,

I am on my way to Helix now to have a clutch and flywheel built - how many want one??????

Itll be a grand or less I guess with the lightweight flywheel.

Rear anti roll goes through the rear subframe so you need a MK2 frame

Trophy exhaust system - pic of new system on here next week following mapping and final install on Saturday.