ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK1 Shocks and Springs!!

Renault Clio Mk1 1.4 RT
Hi,

I am after some of these after market ones, and was wondering what the best all round ones i should use??

I have 17"s on my beast and only want it lowered at an absolute maximum of 50m, preferably 40mm!!

Any body know what springs and shocks i should get??

Plus, i hear the back springs and shocks are different, and am i right in thinking there is a torsion bar or something??

Is it worth replacing the rear shocks aswell or should i lower the car just by using the torsion bar??

Thanks in advance,

Dumpy

Get some -35mm 16v springs onto it and shocks too if your hub spacing is the same.

Personally speaking you'll get away without rear shocks....but they will help. Again, use 16v rear shocks as they'll go straight on, will be cheaper and are stiffer

Renault Clio Mk1 1.4 RT
Not too sure about the 16v ones as they will be second hand, want some new ones!!

Anybody know what aftermarket ones??

I think i will change the rear ones too!!

Thanks,

Dumpy

clio 16v
if ur interested i got a set of gmax springs which i never put on my old rt, think they lower between 35 or 40 mill, looking for around 40 quid? or gimme an offer if ur interested?

Renault Clio Mk1 1.4 RT
Thanks for that mate, but i think i want shocks too!!

Ok, ill see what happens in the near future!!

Cheers,

Dumpy