ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk1 v6 - Evo - Best car for £10k...

Cupped 182 with Recaros
Evo dropped on the doormat yesterday, there's an article about the best cars you can get for £10k. mk1 v6 comes out on top vs Impreza RB5, Esprit S4, '96 M5, Audi RS2, Chimera & RX7. Then it goes on to be rated higher than, wait for it, a new Panda 100HP.

They didn't pick a 182 for the test at they are, apparantly, still depreciating quite quickly.

Another win for RenaultSport!

I'd imagine that any v6 that you got for 10k would be an early one (51 reg) with a few miles on, with quite a few owners (not surprising with this car though) it would probably also need the cambelt & water pump doing too:( I'm talking about 'straight' cars here, no cat d or v car etc.

I will be looking to spend a fair bit more than 10k, as i'll only buy an mint example. I've been in the one they used in the mag (now that is a mint example:approve: ) - it belongs to a bloke on the v6 site:)

I will of course be buying the mag & comparing it to what they said when the mk1 first came out.

Clio V6, cup racer
Hey now guys, Renault are not paying Evo, not for this article anyway. The car was tested by all the EVO journo's present and, AFAIK came out favorite except for one who chose it as second. Not seen the article yet so cannot really comment further. True, only a rough ph1 would be around 10K but then that applied to the other cars tested too. The remit was on the day £10k-£15K.
Its a dubious honour to know your car is as good as a Fiat Panda but how must the other car owners feel?
I have writen a small article about the whole test and shoot:
http://www.carclubstuff.com/1300_miles.htm

Mark.

Turbos.
For £10k it is a good value for money, i'd pay that just for the looks.

From a positive point of view, once you've mastered a Mk1 V6, any other car is a doddle! I guess like owning an early Porsche...

Hey now guys, Renault are not paying Evo, not for this article anyway. The car was tested by all the EVO journo's present and, AFAIK came out favorite except for one who chose it as second. Not seen the article yet so cannot really comment further. True, only a rough ph1 would be around 10K but then that applied to the other cars tested too. The remit was on the day £10k-£15K.
Its a dubious honour to know your car is as good as a Fiat Panda but how must the other car owners feel?
I have writen a small article about the whole test and shoot:
http://www.carclubstuff.com/1300_miles.htm

Mark.

excellent review of the weekend there... sounds like a very memorable experience!