ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk1 v6 first problem..misfire

hi all ..have not posted for a while due to having too much fun in the little go kart but last night the first problem ..
the car had been stood for about 2 days and started fine but after about 3 miles i noticed a different sound coming from the engine a little loss in power ...pulled over and a definate misfire was there.
AA came and plugged the old computer in and came back with a po300 random/multiple cylinder misfire detected.and the little gearbox light came on and off a few times...but he could not pinpoint it to an exact place...he said if it was a sensor it would have shown up.
the service at 24000 is due...but would rather look at this first before taking it in for that
but firstly has anyone ever had a similar problem to this....
my first point of call will be plug change just in case one or more are a little aged ...does everyone still use what was supplied from new or are there any better ones as a preference?
....i know the coil packs have a tendency to go is there any way of checking if one is dud?
how much are new ones if i find it to be the case...and are there any other types that are better than the original reno...
many thanks in anticipation of all your info .
shawn

2.0 175dci rs meggy
very very common (coil failure)
just hope its not one on the rear bank - cause inlet manifold will have to some off!!!

had coil prob on a 172 - but was damp and fine when dried out...maybe worth trying to eliminate before renault tells you it needs a new engine!

thanks guys....anyone had this done out of warranty and have a rough idea of the item cost ..just so i dont get ripped off...seems strange if two or more have gone down though...wondering if a cold day or two may have got some moisture around some terminals...
anyone have a place to look at a manual...
many thanks
shawn

Def coil pack matey... all are easy to replace apart from one that needs plenium off.. if warranty left or extended will be covered

An orange one
yes defo coil pack, i replaced the one under the plenum myself and its a piece of piss just awkward, im a mechanical disaster zone as well..

£36 from renault for the coil, and about 20 mins if its one of the easy 3, about 3 hours for the back ones