ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk1 v6 why so cheap!

An orange one

if(document.layers)
{
document.write(javascript pop_up_large_image name=&lid=Enlarge+Image&lpos=Branded+Popup">Enlarge);
}
else
{
document.write(<a class="bluelinktext" onMouseOver="checkAnchor(this)" onClick="pop_up_large_image()" name="&lid=Enlarge+Image&lpos=Branded+Popup">Enlarge);hide(); }

<A class=bluelinktext onmouseover=checkAnchor(this) onclick=pop_up_large_image() name=&lid=Enlarge+Image&lpos=Branded+Popup>Enlarge

2002 02 Reg RENAULT CLIO 3.0 V6 RS HATCH
3 Doors, Manual 6 speed, 3,500 miles, MARS RED METALLIC, 1 Owner. Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, Anti theft system, Body kit, CD Multichanger, Central locking, Driver airbag, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Foglights, Full service history, Leather seats, Immobiliser, Radio/CD, Sports seats. RARE OPPORTUNITY. @ UK SUPPLIED, RHD, 1 OWNER CAR ONLY 3500 MILES.!! FINISHED IN MARS RED METALLIC. JUST SERVICED, 17 INCH MULTI SPOKE ALLOYS ...... ALL USUAL V6 SPEC..VIEWING BY APPOINTMENT. FULLY INSURED TEST DRIVES - ONLY . NO LE-MANS TEST DRIVERS/PILOTS- PLEASE!! .. ABSOLUTE BOTTOM LINE PRICE AT ONLY £13999..// SORRY NO OFFERS. YOU WONT FIND MUCH BETTER .FOR AGE, MILEAGE, OR CONDITION AT THIS PRICE...!!

this is really tempting me...arrghh! is there any reason why its so cheap for the miles and rare mk1 colour?!

An orange one

cant quite make it out...think its sv02 ***

im only 20, tempted to sell my cup and buy it and not drive it till im 21 (next april) and buy a sh*tter to run about in?!

[Edited by ColinG on 25 July 2005 at 12:53pm]

[Edited by ColinG on 25 July 2005 at 12:55pm]

Renault Laguna Coupe

Its a good price, but not really daft. Car is 3+ years old so no warranty. Good buy for someone, and its the best colour :D

An orange one

what would you think of my plan though? or do you think i should just wait 9 months instead? ive noticed they have had it for a fair while..its hardly been driven though less than 1k per year :confused: its basically a new car

just needs the mk2 18s and the side vents done silver et voila!!

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Wait 9 months, youll get Mk1s cheaper then, although that does sounds like a low mileage clean example.

are you sure its not the same red one that has been kicking about on ebay for about 3 months ?
if it is the same one, iirc that was 02 reg as well, it had a buy it now of 17k, then the nprice was dropped & dropped.

there are some on auto trader for 12k, but i reckon they arent the best examples around.

Im thinking of getting a v6 next year.

An orange one

this was another one that was on ebay, its been sold now i think, ive been keeping an eye on this on autotrader for a month or 2 now..arrghh..i want it...hmmm..£10k loan, sell my cup, pay off the remaining finance and stopre the v6 for 9 months..by then it would be 4 years old with under 4k on it..

but i would miss my cup in the meanwhile..

Clio RS 172 Ph2

Its good value given mileage & colour, but not stupidly cheap...

Get it checked out thoroughly - find out if the mileage is genuine. Why has someone paid £26k for the car, used it so little then wants to sell it for half their money as soon as the warranty expired?

For reference, I bought my 51 reg Vee in March for £11000, though it was in silver with 36k on the clock.

I dont know why people dont spend £6/£7oo on a 2/3year warranty it would make it easier to sell..............a car with a warranty is always a better option :D

Cya stu

Clio RS 172 Ph2

Personally, I wouldnt pay any extra for a car with an aftermarket warranty. The Renault one is propper, and basically covers everything except properly servicable items (battery, wipers etc.), so if anything goes wrong, you have some comeback, and they also cover subsequental damage. Eg. if you have a car thats covered 36000 miles and a CAT pipe blows open, you take to renault, they say OK its supposed to last 3 years & 60k miles at least, and replace it.

Aftermarket ones only cover specific components, usually dont give any provision for consequental damage, and youd be surprised what isnt covered, or what they class as a "serviceable" item.... like CAT pipes - classed as an exhaust component, not covered by warranty... cost you £600+VAT for a new one from Renault...(!)

I know cos my car came with an "RAC 5 STAR Warranty" (which is one up from the 3 STAR warranty would you believe - but still covers very little!), so whilst they paid out for a new oil cooler & 2 failed coil packs (which were on their "covered parts" list) they would only pay a small contribution to the replacement oil, they wouldnt pay for the 2 complete new CATs which died as a result of unburnt fuel being passed down there from the failed coil packs!

The warranty company with their "Peace of Mind 5 STAR policy" paid out the princely sum of about £300 for all the "major repairs", whilst I was left to pay "just for the serviceable items", which was ok as it only came to £1600 (!).

A mate had a Headgasket go on his Peugeot - contacted the warranty company, they stumped up £45 for a new gasket & £60 for 2 hrs labour for the garage to fit it, but not the £920 for the rest of the repairs to the engine which were consequental damage resulting from the failed gasket... They wouldnt even stump up the £25 for replacement oil!

Moral of the story is, warranties are useful, as they may pay for some of the repairs, the chances are the expensive stuff youll be stuck with.

Ive just had my quote for the warranty renewal........£800 for 3years.........which includes MoT failure (cats included), wear & tear and main dealer labour rates,

Thats what Warraty Wise call Total cover which is normally only available on cars which are 3years old ie manufacturers warranty just finishing, but they agreed last year to allow me to extend it at the and of the 1year policy I had taken out and still keep the Total cover.............so Im happy...............its been a really really good day for me...............between the insurance and now the warranty :D

Cya Stu

An orange one

i just really want a vee...id definately have to drive a mk1 as ive only driven a friends mk2 so far and i fell in love there and then,

i think i could be happy with a mk1 and just drive slow and pose,

used to have a multiple feature and cover car car saxo i sunk 20k into and i really miss the attention, cup gets practically nothing in town (is awesome on a good B though)