ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 clio bucket seat install help

clio2 dci 1.5 172rep
Hi

New to this, i have a Mk2 clio Dci 1.5,its a 172 replica,yes i know why bother ? buy a real one bla bla bla but my insurance,MPG and tax is is great n she looks good and gives me something to do in the man cave so lets skip that bit.

Its currently stripped out in the rear coz screw passengers adding weight :) false floor ready to install.The issue I’m having atm is a picked up a pair of those reclining eBay bucket seats ,yes i know there sh*t but at £80 in prefect condition and with the OMP frames included its an improvement from the standard seats.

I have the original seats out(after fighting for days to get those nuts off under the car) ,took the battery out to avoid power spikes etc messing with it and have resistors at the ready but for the life of me i can not work out how to attach the original clio seat belt pretensioner as it was attached to the oringal seat. I would go down the route of harness but I’ve heard MOT won’t have it and its probably/definately overkill in a diesel.So can any clio buff help me out ? pictures are a great help also :D

Based in Northern Ireland

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/?iid=35195...4&device=c&campaignid=707291931&crdt=0&chn=ps

this is the frames

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLACK-BLU...982794?hash=item51c3e6058a:g:8RsAAOSwMmBVmt9B

this is the seats,not in that god awful blue tho.

James363

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
In terms of MOT you are definitely allowed through an MOT with them. Myself and many I know have sailed through in MOT stations all over the country. I think some seat subframes have the mounting points for the pretensioner, so you might need those. I certainly wouldn't bodge it though, cause if those things need to go off, they are pretty violent.

clio2 dci 1.5 172rep
Thanks for the MOT info bud good to know. i have the OMP subframe that attaches straight to the floor,do i need side mounts or something ? between the frame and the seat i cant see any options to attach it anywhere or even where the harnesses would attach to the seat . ill get some pics after i get outta work to illustrate my ramblings.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Don't know if it helps. But Peugeot 106 central rear belt Clio some people are using but don't know how all that works regarding pretensioners.

James363

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
I'd guess they use the seat belt socket instead of the Clio one, which has the pretensioner attached? Wouldn't surprise me if the two cars had the same seat belt plug if you know what I mean?

clio2 dci 1.5 172rep
gonna upload a few pics in the next few minutes in my lunch break.

still completely stumped by this.

I made a few brackets to sit under the subframe which is held in by the bolt through the subframe,though its not tidy/ugly and I'm not 100% sure that its safe.