ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 dci hydraulic clutch help

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
To cut a long story short, my brake fluid ran a low and I'm now 99% sure I've pulled air into the clutch system this morning 😧. Pedal is spongy and only about half the usual travel, and it wont go into gear.

Does it sound like I'll need to bleed the clutch now or will a fluid top up do the trick? If the latter wont work, what's involved in bleeding the clutch on a dci 100?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Top it up and pump it like a mad man until it comes back. If it stays spongey then a full bleed will be required

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Top it up and pump it like a mad man until it comes back. If it stays spongey then a full bleed will be required
Cheers Mick, tried topping it up but still nothing. Tried to bleed fluid through to the slave cylinder too with some help but there's hardly any fluid coming through. Does a full bleed require bleeding the master cylinder too?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It takes a bit of time if there's air in the system.

You're sure there's no leak?

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah, the pipe to the slave cylinder was pretty much full of air. Had to take it off and bleed it through until I was just getting fluid, but even after that it took a good minute of pumping the pedal to get proper pedal feel back.

I'm not sure about a leak tbh. There may be, as I was a bit surprised when I first had the lights come up on the dash warning of low fluid. Then again, I can't remember the last time I had to top it up and the car does 20k miles a year! Hoping it's not leaking, but I'll keep an eye on things.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
If there is a leak, it'll be the CSC in the gearbox... Unless it has an inline pressure dampener, these can fail to.

You'd know it though if there was a leak. Have you checked all your brake pads btw?

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I know the rear brake pads are fine, not checked the fronts, although I changed them last year so I don't think they'll be worn right down. I'd need to have a look though.