ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk2 ph1 grille not fitted correctly

Octavia VRS
There is a gap between my front driver side headlight and the grille. I took it to the previous repairer who claimed that the grille is attached to the front wing and they will have to take both off to have a good look.

Now, at my 72k service I got my local garage to have a quick look and it looks like the grille hasn't been attached correctly when it was repaired - looks like the clips at each side either aren't attached or are broken off.

I double checked a Haynes manual and it looks a simple job to take the grille out. If the clips are broken off will I need a new grille? It is going back to the repairer to be looked at next week anyway so will see what they say.

Octavia VRS
bump, does anyone know about the clips issue and if the repairers are just bullshitting by saying they will have to take the wing off as well?

S13
The grille clips into the wing, to look at the clips you shouldn't need to take the wing off as they're right at the front.

If the clip at the end is broken on the bit that holds it to the grille then you'll need a new grille as it's probably not worth plastic welding it. Depends how much a new one would cost compared with the cost of the weld.

S13
Yeah, they shouldn't need to get the wing off to have a look at it, even if the clip.. holder.. thingy on the wing is broken they should still be able to see that from the front iirc.

FOR SALE!!!
aint a hard job i have had my grill of a far few times there is a slight gap round my head lights has always been this way since i had car