ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk3 128 GT

Clio mk3
  Not a 320d
FYI - Springs and Coilovers for the MK3 GT are not the same fitments as the regular MK3. Ill try dig up some part numbers if you like? Guy called jens89 or something had a GT 128 and was the first to get his on coilovers. Based off his info I bought mine. He also had 40mm H&R springs fitted to begin with

Not a 320d
Hello Communtiy,

my name is Jens, i'm 20 years old and from germany. My English is not so good, but i want to show your some pics from my Clio MK3 GT.

The GT is lowered with a H&R Coilover Suspension 70/65mm ( no reserve to go lowered, completly down :-( ). Wheels are originial, rear axle with 40mm spacers, 20mm per side. Now some Pics.

Suspension original:

index.php
cliogt-16l-benzin-orighopf.jpg

Go lowerd with 45mm H&R Springs: H&R Art.Nr. 29140-3

index.php
cliogt-16l-benzin-fedeot3b.jpg

And at least with H&R Coilover Suspension Art.Nr. 29139-1, completly down

index.php
p1070916mediumgty0.jpg

Here some pics from refueling with Coilover and series wheels. Rear Axle with 40mm Spacers, 20mm per side

28112009016beih.jpg

28112009018hh3s.jpg

28112009019qhd1.jpg

28112009023hd1m.jpg

281120090247cvy.jpg

I hope you're interested :cool:

Greetings from germany

image.php
[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Cheers!! That's really helpful!! Does he say the Part number I would need below the first picture? Seeing it on coilovers is trumpeting me lol but I have to resist!! It being lowered by 40 doesn't look too bad at all! I was thinking 30 might go an extra 10 now haha

Not a 320d
Cheers!! That's really helpful!! Does he say the Part number I would need below the first picture? Seeing it on coilovers is trumpeting me lol but I have to resist!! It being lowered by 40 doesn't look too bad at all! I was thinking 30 might go an extra 10 now haha[/QUOTE]

Yeah the article number he quotes for springs 29139-1

Cant remember where I bought my coilovers from now.

Cheers!! That's really helpful!! Does he say the Part number I would need below the first picture? Seeing it on coilovers is trumpeting me lol but I have to resist!! It being lowered by 40 doesn't look too bad at all! I was thinking 30 might go an extra 10 now haha

Yeah the article number he quotes for springs 29139-1

Cant remember where I bought my coilovers from now.[/QUOTE]

Thanks i did see that but just wanted to confirm, i had a look on his thread too. How much did you lower yours by when you had coilovers. did it affect anything like handling?

Not a 320d
Thanks i did see that but just wanted to confirm, i had a look on his thread too. How much did you lower yours by when you had coilovers. did it affect anything like handling?

The full 70mm mate. It was too low to handle like a well setup car would but I can assure you it went round corners and roundabouts like it was on rails once id had its geometry setup. It just didnt have the suspension travel to deal with uneven roads without being thrown around - It wasnt bad.... just bumpy. Once I let my mate drive it down some backroads while I drove his and the car looked like it was vibrating. Whatever the road was doing the car followed every bump. I got pulled over a lot because I drove like a bell end in it and it attracted a lot of unwanted attention. Also when people slowed down for a roundabout I just left cruise control on and went round it. Final thing to note was after a bad winter when the roads were just sheet ice where I lived and there were potholes in the ice I damaged one of my front strust, Also coilovers need looking after - they need keeping clean and I assume need refurbing like trophy sachs dampers would every now and again.

I did make it higher at one point because Renault couldn't get it on their ramps when the gearbox needed replacing. SO it had been setup but then I wound it up as high as it would go. I have to say it actually handled really well for the week or two I had it. More body roll but more suspension travel made it cope with back roads better. Also they were H&R monotube and they only have heigh adjustment. Damping not adjustable.

If I were to do it again Id get coilovers but Id have it as high as theyd go and have a proper setup done purely for handling. At the time I was more concerned with the gap in the arches but it was a ballache and it was properly firm. I wouldn't get springs but they are cheap. Ive been in cars with H&R sportline springs before and I thought they were s**te. It was fun but I was between 21 and 24 when I had the car.

Cheers that has really opened my eyes, I wouldn't go as mental as you did lol. I'm only 20 now comparing it earlier to Jens Clio, it looks too high. I want it lower but I don't have the money for coilovers so I might put springs on it for now and in the future get coilies. Also the roads by me have too many speed bumps pot holes bumpy and in general just terrible haha. Is damping adjustable for the stiffness of the ride? Thanks again :) huge help!

Bit of an update, I managed to get some time to myself today. So I went out and got some high temperature paint from Halfords Silver and Black. I sprayed the callipers silver and around the disk black, while i had the wheels off i got a chance to clean the back of the alloy also left the wheel nut cap (guessed that what it is lol) think it looks a lot better.
Before picture
IMAG0813_zps0d80faea.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
During
IMAG0814_zps5f2bad06.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
After

IMAG0816_zps9b29ce29.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Sorry about the 3rd picture is a bit blurry, also got round to taking the rear badge off and using plasti dip on it. Found out the long way that the inside of the boot lid doesn't need to be taken off. The badge comes off just like the front. I am going to try and get time this week during my lunch break.
Picture of the front badge that has been plasti dipped.
IMAG0815_zps35b643d7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I have added a GT Renault sport badge to the back havnt got a picture at the moment.
Toby I no you said the part number but I don't have the funds to get coilovers. I have started another thread about lowering springs for my GT but no-one has replied. Does anyone have the correct part number for lpwerong springs maybe 30-40 mm.
Cheers in advance :)

Clio Mk3 1.6
hey hope this helps, these were how my H&R were advertised..

RENAULT CLIO 1.6 16V 05-09 H&R 291402 Lowering Springs Kit (45mm)

I just re read it! I remember that was one of the first ones I read! I did just skim read it, did you get lowering springs in the end and is your brothers one the petrol one? Great car you had there!!

Yeah it was lowered on eibach pro's not a massive difference but its noticeable and the ride improved, no they are both diesel, we went for the more economical approach before we moved to the RS's

Cheers mate, any questions just drop me a pm

Yeah it was lowered on eibach pro's not a massive difference but its noticeable and the ride improved, no they are both diesel, we went for the more economical approach before we moved to the RS's

Cheers mate, any questions just drop me a pm

Cheers buddy, i will be pm'ing you very shortly haha. Part of me wishes i went for a diesel, i have done over 700 miles since the 1st of this month :S (which is very unusual) its not been too bad average 30ish mpg including motorway driving.

So over the Christmas break i promised myself, with Decembers pay check i will by myself some springs. I kept to my word! Thanks to @Cliotoby for sending me to a Thread from a German guy who let H&R use his car to test the spring's for the GT. I used the item number he posted 29140-3. As he is German the link i followed was on to the German ebay where the springs were around £100, £70 cheaper from any ebay seller in England. Shipping was no more then £20 :)

I was so shocked that it arrived so quickly considering it was the Christmas break i think it took around 5 days!
IMG-20150109-WA0000_zps29f5ae47.jpg

IMG-20150109-WA0003_zpscbed162d.jpg

So last weekend i dropped my car off to a mate from work and he fitted the springs for me gave him some money and i'm over the moon with them.

Bit of bad news though, on Friday last week i went to go home from work. i noticed it was slightly under powered, and misfiring. It felt like my old car which had a faulty coil pack. As it was getting the springs fitted on the Sunday and i was out all day Saturday i dropped it off to a local garage to fix on Tuesday morning.
It was a faulty coil pack that had somehow got water in, really not sure how. The garage changed all 4 coil packs and spark plugs, £270 not sure if that's a good price or not but it needed to be done. Picked it up this morning gave it a bit of a blast in my lunch hour to try out the springs. Loved it! it is a bit more bumpy but it feels so much more planted hardly any body roll, also makes it look so much better as the GT is similar height to the standard MK3 it makes it more different how it should be!

Time for pictures sorry about the after photos, its the only few i have at the moment :( will try and get some good ones soon!

Last picture of it before it was lowered:
IMG-20150118-WA0000_zpse64b510b.jpg

After:
IMAG1176_zps11f48944.jpg

IMAG1179_zpsc99880fa.jpg

During the Christmas break i saw some alloys that looked promising for my plans which are for my GT to have a Blue / White colour scheme. The alloys are planned to be refurbished and powder coated in white, this was before it was on springs and i think its slightly jacked up. They are 17's with a profile of 40mm:
IMAG1117_zps0f358775.jpg

As i was adding photos another picture i found which im really liking :D
IMAG1082_zps27ad6f7b.jpg

Not a 320d
Glad i could be of some use. Get it setup properly after you're happy with its stance. With standard wheels I ran 20mm spacers all round and I wished id of gone with 25mm. But I had negative camber at the front (had the tripple c bolts - TC 121) and was low'd 70mm. Not sure how It would look when you've dropped it 40mm.

Car looks nice mate I miss my GT. Does your clutch pedal creak?

Glad i could be of some use. Get it setup properly after you're happy with its stance. With standard wheels I ran 20mm spacers all round and I wished id of gone with 25mm. But I had negative camber at the front (had the tripple c bolts - TC 121) and was low'd 70mm. Not sure how It would look when you've dropped it 40mm.

Car looks nice mate I miss my GT. Does your clutch pedal creak?
Not creak thanks god lol. Im going to be getting spacers next month, thinking 25 on the rear maybe 15/20 mm on the front. But befroe i order i need to put the 17's on again to find out how much wider they are. I think the tyres are 215's but not 100%

Clio mk3
Not creak thanks god lol. Im going to be getting spacers next month, thinking 25 on the rear maybe 15/20 mm on the front. But befroe i order i need to put the 17's on again to find out how much wider they are. I think the tyres are 215's but not 100%

I've lowered my mk3 40mm,with turinis 205/50/16 and 20mm spacers. Here's a picture if it helps:)
6c5fafe36f9758ad1349e4081dcd7741.jpg

84a71c8bfb4f01bfccea9d027edd4465.jpg

8726545d3040e8b0cfe3fe2c523c8ce3.jpg

Renault Clio GT 128
Oldish thread but anyone got any good recommendations for coilovers and spacers on the GT? Too much wheel arch space for my liking at the moment!
Cheers!