ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK3 Key programming

BMW 330ci, Clio 182
My brother has just bought a MK3 Clio, which has two keys. A flip key, and a more basic plastic one.

We were told the flip key needed a new battery, so he has bought a new battery for it, but it's not being recognised by the car.

Is there a programming/sync procedure that needs to be performed if the key has lost contact with the car?
I tried doing some googling earlier, but couldn't find anything relating to the MK3.

Any help would be appreciated.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
You say it's "doing nothing" but have you tried using it to start the car? They are known for micro switch issues on the buttons.

BMW 330ci, Clio 182
You say it's "doing nothing" but have you tried using it to start the car? They are known for micro switch issues on the buttons.
Thanks.

I believe it starts the car ok, but won't lock/unlock it.

Is a faulty microswitch repairable?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
That's not the key out of sync then (Not that it can go out of sync, they don't work that way) and you need the key pulling to bits to confirm a Microswitch failure. This can indeed be repaired

BMW 330ci, Clio 182
That's not the key out of sync then (Not that it can go out of sync, they don't work that way) and you need the key pulling to bits to confirm a Microswitch failure. This can indeed be repaired

Thanks Mick.

As the other key is working fine he is not too concerned, but would obviously rather using the flip key than the spare one.

What would you recommend he does? Do you offer key repairs?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Take the PCB out of the key and check the buttons are still attached to the PCB first of all. Then try pressing them and if they click the problem is most likely wear to the plastic buttons on the key itself rather than the actual micro-switches