ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk3 tom tom

GT 128 VVT
Hello guys, quick question how easy would it be to install the tom tom that's an additional extra onto a 2010 clio gt that came without it, I know a guy thats breaking a clio that has one and just wondered if it would be a simple enough job, the clio it's installed on has all the same steering wheel controls as mine

Thanks in advance

GT 128 VVT
Hope someone has an answer as Im looking to do the same thing on my mk3 07 plate
I have someone who is willing to sell me one on Monday I will have an answer the person who has It is ringing an electrician up this weekend to see if it's possible was just hoping for a quick answer

GT 128 VVT
Can you let me know when you find out? Had a look online but can't really find anything
Looking at mine and the car it's installed on there isn't a difference in Controls being the steering wheel and it is an optional extra so I'm hoping there's a wire that fits into the tom tom already haha! I will comment on here on Monday at some point when I spoke to the breaker

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
I have seen this discussed somewhere a while ago, may have been old posts on here or over on 197.net, but i seem to remember it being quite a pain in the ass loom wise.

GT 128 VVT
I have seen this discussed somewhere a while ago, may have been old posts on here or over on 197.net, but i seem to remember it being quite a pain in the ass loom wise.
That's why I'm going to get a price for a professional job cause I like the idea of it

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
I looked into this when I had my clio, IIRC the screen on the dash has different connectors on both screens, so not only do you need the satnav unit, screen, SD card, but you also need the antenna and wiring loom.

GT 128 VVT
I looked into this when I had my clio, IIRC the screen on the dash has different connectors on both screens, so not only do you need the satnav unit, screen, SD card, but you also need the antenna and wiring loom.
the guy i am buying it from has said if i were to buy it then he would provide everything with it ie all the wiring as he has 2 or 3 writes offs with them in so to change the wiring loom to the correct one do you think it would be a big job?

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
I wouldn't know to be honest, Never wanted to get into all that hassle just for a satnav. Just used a Garmin. If you can get the Clio one cheap enough though, might as well give it a go!

GT 128 VVT
I wouldn't know to be honest, Never wanted to get into all that hassle just for a satnav. Just used a Garmin. If you can get the Clio one cheap enough though, might as well give it a go!
be about £100 so probably be better off just getting a decent sat-nav and save all the hassle