ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm...

Mk2 Golf GTI
Joined the elite today!

4656073509_e093b49203_b.jpg

£920 with applecare, 8gb ipod touch and the 13" entry MBP. Student discount FTW!

The staff in Apple stores are generally tossers though. They think they're amazing when in fact they were all fat, ugly, spotty nerds. I had to wipe the grease off the box when she handed it over to me...

Anyway, I'm coming from windows and have an NTFS external drive with all my music and vids on it. I've read that this drive will be read-only. Is there a reliable solution to this that doesn't involve me reformatting the drive? I don't have enough space on my other drives to make a copy and can't afford to buy a new one just yet.

I'm after a FireWire drive eventually, should I format it as FAT32 or is there a better option? And do the need external power to rum at FW800?

Yours sincerely

Mac daddy spirez

Mk2 Golf GTI
Might just be the Birmingham store! But I've dealt with them a few times regarding my iPods and just enquiring about things and found the majority of them generally rude and elitist.

172 Cup
The staff in Apple stores are generally tossers though.

Perhaps they've still got the hump about being forced to open up at the crack of dawn the other morning and feigning excitement by jumping up and down cheering because someone bought an iPad.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Perhaps they've still got the hump about being forced to open up at the crack of dawn the other morning and feigning excitement by jumping up and down cheering because someone bought an iPad.

FLOL does that happen?

MBP ftw!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Install macfuse, you'll get read write access to Ntfs drives if you desire.

(other formats too if you desire)

Edit: personally, unless you want to use it on anything other than macs, I'd format it as hfs as then stuff will retain properties and metadata when moving files.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
welcome to the wonderful world of macbook pro. Bask in your backlit keyboard to remind yourself that you are now a better person

DB.

BMW 440i
Might just be the Birmingham store! But I've dealt with them a few times regarding my iPods and just enquiring about things and found the majority of them generally rude and elitist.

Always been good at Bham with me, although it takes a while to be served sometimes!

Welcome to the elite.

Mk2 Golf GTI
Had a look at the ipads. Smaller than I expected, still dont see the point! I might get one eventually as people are using them to control the DJ software I use so may be worth a punt. But as far as other uses, it'd never leave the house and I already have an MBP and iPod touch.

I've got a HD 22" external monitor that I want to hook up. Are the Mini display port to HDMI connectors good or should I just go VGA?

Also struggling to get my itunes library across. Anyone got a good guide? I tried the following but for some reason I cant find my itunes library file on the external drive. It's not in the itunes folder.

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/switcher-hangout/20028-switching-itunes-pc-mac.html

Last edited:
  Go cry to your momma!

+1

Put a complaint in to Apple regarding the manager letting their excellent CS down yesterday. He was extremely arrogant and had the "I'm far superior to you" air about him.

Genuis bar takes the mick too, they canceled my appointment without even shouting my name out. Managed to get one later on and got a new iPhone though :)