ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mobile insurance cockup need help

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
right when i purchased my iphone 3g on launch day last year i took out the insurance on the same day...

havent thought about it or used it until recently i dropped my phone and cracked the back so want a replacement, called o2 to be told i had no insurance... was 100% sure i did so they said check your store receipt and let us know.

found the receipt and it said insurance on it also, emailed it through to o2 they said fine they can put it back on my account but!!!! i have to pay the 13months they forgot to take the money for... somehow they are saying its my fault and i have to pay for the full 13months before i can make a claim, they are not willing to help me at all and have kept me on hold for 55mins

am i being silly to expect them to waiver the fee?? i know if it had been on the account and they had been taken the money i would of paid the 130 however 10 quid a month is easier than having to fork out 130 for their mistake??

what should i do?

Bumder With A Buffer
Hmmm what bank are you with as some banks offer it for free with your account.

Natwest does it for free. I just use that although I have never had to make a claim yet.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
its sorted now lol i put my mum on the phone she sorted it o2 said sorry

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
FLOL!!

''I'm getting my mum onto you''

Being a pussy ftl. ;)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
tell me about it i was on the phone for over an hour and got nowhere lol she was on for 10 mins and im having a new phone delivered thursday

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i shouted and everything

my bank has call centres in india... o2 has them in ireland i dont know which is more annoying to talk to!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
the girls are ok its the blokes i just wanna call them a c**t lol!

i like calling apple out of hours and speaking to the americans lol

Bumder With A Buffer
Pmsl Malice that is the funniest thing I've read for a while!!! :)

"Mum the nasty man at O2 won't be nice to me"

mum runs into the room and rolls up her sleeves

"il sort the c**t out"

I imagine she also threatened to smack him with a rolling pin or make him eat fairy liquid!

:) :)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
lol she used to threaten me with a wooden spoon, she hit me with it once and it broke i laughed thinking she had failed in hurting me... untill she opened a draw and pulled out a bigger one lol!

she is good though, she sorts out loads of stuff lol!

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Flol at getting your mum to sort it. What did she say to them to get it all done and dusted so quick?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
some of you may have laughed at me for getting my mum to do it, however lol, they replaced it with a brand new phone, not just that i went from and iphone 3g 16g black to a iphone 3gs in white, free of charge no upgrade fee just a straight swap :)

Bumder With A Buffer
Malice I need to phone BT as I am having issues with them overcharging me on my broadband...(seriously I do need to ring them!)

Can I borrow your mum to ring up for me???