ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mobile phone contract ending soon, what should i get?

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Ive had my htc hd2 for nearly 2 years on contract and have hated the phone from day 1. Not sure what i should get next? i have 3 phones i mind, samsung galaxy note, htc XL, and iphone 4s? Im sure everyone will say iphone but im quite interested in the samsung? are they any good?

I had the HTC HD2 for about a week. I absolutely hated it, might just be me being used to iPhones but it was very confusing lol.

Listerine & Poledo
Don't bother getting anything.

Keep it running on month-by-month, then, when you actually NEED a new phone (others are stolen/lost/ smashed/damp) then you've got one in the shop ready to go.

koi

Audi S1
I recently got a Samsung Ace but was shocked by the battery life and it felt a little cheap and plasticky so got rid after a week. I am now going to go back to HTC again and get the Sensation XE. However if you're not in a rush to upgrade, quadcore phones are due out pretty soon.

The Nexus is really nice mate. I'd recommend that.

I have an S2, which again I'd recommend as a smaller option, but I'm sure an S3 is not far off.

Audi A3
ive got my 3gs, contract free now after letting it run down .

no need for another phone and this costs me £10 a month for everything i need

if you need or desperately want one then get one, if not and its just to have the latest phone, dont bother imo

Fabia VRS
Galaxy 2 is a sweet phone! Really easy and just as good as an iphone
iphone is over rated and you can pay way more than is needed for one imo
HTC, ive got the desire HD and i love it. but im sure the ones above that are just as good

ITB BG 182
Galaxy SII if possible, i like them and ok ish to use but just some thing about it didnt make me want it.
Motorola Defy+ Solid phone and does bounce without breaking, as a trick you can send some one a text message from underwater in the kitchen sink.
iPhone, depends on how much you want to use it? Some networks do not offer much for it.

Tesco Mobile and the new iPhone 4s on a 12 month contract, 5000 txts, 750 cross network mins, 1GB internet, 4GB wifi/hotspot cost me £35 p/m with i think 185 for the phone. £605 for the 12 months (its capped to £35p/m) Vodafones nearest was 500mins, 1000 txts, 500mb internet and 1GBhotspots £290 for the phone and £45 p/m which is £850 p/a

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
My current htc has played up for day 1, emails come through at random, facebook wont refresh unless you log out then back in. app store now longer works (windows) freezes from time to time etc. Needs replacing as i threw it across the kitchen in rage and it landed in the sink, water behind the screen ftl, stil works though.

My apprentice has the nexus and he bums it. The thing about samsungs i find they feel really cheap and flimsy, compared to say htc and iphone?

Polo + Micra
the hd2 with windows on is awful. lasted about 2 hours before i put android on it lol

i still don't get the idea of the sensation xl bigger screen but lower res :S

i really like my sensation.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I've got the sensation xe and like it. Girlfriend has the s2 and that is equally as good.

Mercedes
Must say the 4s has been fantastic for me and the backup from Apple is good, the Mrs has a Galaxy S2 and has had nothing but issues from day 1

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Yer i got a 4s in the end, no phone comes close. Bit mental choosing something else over than a iphone tbh.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Must say the 4s has been fantastic for me and the backup from Apple is good, the Mrs has a Galaxy S2 and has had nothing but issues from day 1

Odd with regards to the s2 issues, girlfriends has been faultless