ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mobile Phone Insurance

1.4 Dynamique
I need some help, I'm looking to to get the new iPhone unlocked from Apple once it's released, I want it insured but can't find a policy that is valid worldwide.

I'm a UK resident but currently travelling Australia for 2 years.

If i was to buy the phone from a UK network e.g. voda,orange,3 then I could get their insurance but I'd have to have the UK sim inserted as the insurance is only valid with the carriers sim installed.

I'm not old enough to own a home, so don't have house insurance and it isn't covered on my holiday insurance.

I'm not an australian citizen so don't think I can get insurance over here as it states on many of the australian insurance policies.

Anyone know of any insurance companies that can insure mobiles worldwide at least 12 months?

1.4 Dynamique
You can have home contents insurance if you're just renting, which should cover mobile phones

Still live with the parent's so thats not an option either.. I read online that there is one company that provides worldwide cover but I can't seem to find it.

What about with your bank? Not sure what their rules are with regards to being abroad though.

But really I think insurance is a waste, especially for an iPhone. If you were to smash the screen and can't get a free replacement, then it's only £139 for a replacement with a new front/back/battery.

Whereas if it goes via insurance then you're looking at £100 for the excess and the wait for them to mess about fixing it. Often not properly fitting the new screen.

Obviously this is all moot if you lose it. Lol.

Audi A3
barclays tech pack is worldwide, £7.50 a month including gadgets upto a total value of £750

excess on iphone is £75 and gadgets £25

Listerine & Poledo
From Apple directly I assume?
Retailers will just as soon curl a steamer into your palm than give you a goodwill gesture of that magnitude.

I had no end of troubles with my bank insurance, they butchered my iPhone. In the end they paid me £520 to go buy a new one.

A.N. Other
My fiancee & I have an upgraded joint bank account with LloydsTSB, and have used their mobile phone insurance twice - once for a repair (it was just replaced), the second time when one was lost.
Each time I had a new phone within a few days, very pleased with it. Most banks offer a similar upgrade now and it seems better value than stand-alone insurance to me.

Listerine & Poledo
Stand-alone phone insurance can be, quite laughably, overpriced.

I know companies for whom the bulk of their profit comes from their insurance plans.