ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

model differences

Clio 1.4 16v
as you know im getting a 1.4 16v

whats the differnece in looks on a 172?

different bumper and wheels, (and slightly quicker i know :lolup: )

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
Sport front bumper (Wider), Sport front wings (Wider arches which in turn joins onto...), Sport skirts, Sport rear bumper, Colour coded bump strips, Colour coded handles, 2.0 chromed side badges, Xenon headlights (non Cup models), colour coded rear extended spoiler (spoiler differs in Cup and Trophy models), Rear "Renault" badge accompanied by the "sport" badge below, 16" 5 spoke alloys (182, both Cups models and the Trophy have either Turini's (Trophy = Anthriciate) or Meganne 225 style alloys).

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
yeah if you look at cups they do seem to sit higher than normal(or so it looks anyway), i thought it was just the different wheels giving this look tho! couldnt work out what it was, think people get confused with the 182 cup which has the cup pack suspension which is 3mm lower but in reality can end up higher or lower than a normal non cup suspension car because of manufacturing differences.

i could be wrong tho

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
there's a lad on the forum with a nordic green (iirc) 1.4 16v.

coilovers, dark turinis etc etc.

easily one of the best on here, might get some ideas on what to do on yours.

IIRC the cup rides a little higher due to less weight than the FF matey ^^
Nope the CUp has different speings etc so it has a lower offcial ride high but the normal tolerances mean that a full fat 172 could infact be lower than Cup and them both be correct.
no sunroof either, praise be! the 172 is also lower, obviously.
The Cup being lower by an extra 3mm.
5mm at the front 7 at the back I think or its the other way round. Its 3mm on the 182's. ALso the 172 Cup has tighter tolerances on its suspension of +- 5mm vs 10 or so on the normal 172.
as you know im getting a 1.4 16v

whats the differnece in looks on a 172?

different bumper and wheels, (and slightly quicker i know :lolup: )

Differences also include the front brakes being bigger and the rear has disks. Front track is wider wheels have a different offset.

there's a lad on the forum with a nordic green (iirc) 1.4 16v.

coilovers, dark turinis etc etc.

easily one of the best on here, might get some ideas on what to do on yours.

cool whats his name, any pics any where?

Saner.

Not the best photo but he'll like it

Attachments

• untitleddfbdf.JPG
    untitleddfbdf.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 27