ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Monaco 172 Detail - CarPro Reload 2014

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Hey chaps, you may recognise this one. Now owned by a fellow member Gaz_H after being owned by another 2 locals.

It was needing a bit of polishing tbf, just to restore some gloss but what a cracking Monaco, it's been well looked after over the years! Some afters. Front end had been painted so minimal swirls all in. Apologies about the lack of 50/50s I still haven't bought a new sungun yet! :( Oh and Gaz had practically detailed it before dropping it off so no befores!

15020885702_fbe145b294_z.jpg
IMG_0713 by gally.., on Flickr

15017986541_73b9977636_z.jpg
IMG_0728 by gally.., on Flickr

14834646758_8c699c30b4_z.jpg
IMG_0712 by gally.., on Flickr

14834550230_2dfdb297c2_z.jpg
IMG_0717 by gally.., on Flickr

14834533080_8e8f01de92_z.jpg
IMG_0718 by gally.., on Flickr

14834565290_1cd1fd8578_z.jpg
IMG_0716 by gally.., on Flickr

14834412359_d0f6a7727b_z.jpg
IMG_0721 by gally.., on Flickr

15021231975_7dc0f301a6_z.jpg
IMG_0714 by gally.., on Flickr

Polished with CarPro fixer and White hex pad, i've used fixer a lot on localised scratches and harder paint. I love adjusting pad to suit the bite okay it's no Menzerna but more versatile. Wiped down with Eraser...

Finished with Reload 2014, stuff is awesome! Done a quick test on Fri with some G101 diluted different strengths, held up really well and experienced no streaking on Porsche Basalt Black or this Monaco Blue.

Been a while since i've been excited about a detailing product.

14834447108_1ed1ec1abc_z.jpg
IMG_0726 by gally.., on Flickr

225 Cup & Williams
Love this motor. Gaz stays just down the road from me and every time I see it pass I stare at it.

Amazing condition.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Love this motor. Gaz stays just down the road from me and every time I see it pass I stare at it.

Amazing condition.

It is. The mods on it are bang on. Coils are maybe a tad harsh but the steering wheel, turinis etc finish it perfectly.

Fiesta ST3 & Astra
Gally an absolute amazing job on the car, attention to detail is second to none and I really appreciate u taking time to share some tips on how to keep it well protected going forward, thanks mate and I'll see u again in 6 months :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Gally an absolute amazing job on the car, attention to detail is second to none and I really appreciate u taking time to share some tips on how to keep it well protected going forward, thanks mate and I'll see u again in 6 months :)

Thanks for trusting me with the car mate, it's a credit to you. Look forward to seeing it again!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Nice work Gally!

That's a really nice Monaco.

I ordered a fair amount of stuff from car pro last week, looking forward to a detail, haven't done much in ages.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Looks stunning. This is the car that made me want a Monaco.

Just a shame the paint on mine is full of bad repairs with sanding marks, and the paint is so thin on the repairs :'(

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Nice work Gally!

That's a really nice Monaco.

I ordered a fair amount of stuff from car pro last week, looking forward to a detail, haven't done much in ages.

Thanks mate. Looking forward to some more write ups you big fairy!

Looks stunning. This is the car that made me want a Monaco.

Just a shame the paint on mine is full of bad repairs with sanding marks, and the paint is so thin on the repairs :'(

Cheers Rhys, it's the best condition Monaco i've worked on by far.

172 & RSi
Apologies for resurrecting old threads but awesome to see it still being looked after 2-3 owners later! Stunning car.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It was a stunner in all fairness and all 3 owners were pretty meticulous with it.

Funny fact. Me and JD both detailed this car.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
God I need to get my turinis refurbed badly after seeing this.
Is this the one that Dave has/had recently?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Spray on cloth and panel, not too heavy, wipe over then remove with separate clean MF. :) Dilute 1:1 for dark colours.

Rb 182
I do still own this, with another few thrown into the mix. It really is a lovely car, a bit low and bouncy for my liking but I wouldn't change.

It'll be up for sale soon I suspect.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Spray on cloth and panel, not too heavy, wipe over then remove with separate clean MF. :smile: Dilute 1:1 for dark colours.

I tried spraying it on wet, so after the car was all washed, sprayed it on to a panel, gave it a wipe over with a MF and then jet washed off. Seemed to work well and zero streaking.

Obviously not the right way to go about it but it seemed to work just fine.