ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Moody Speedo

Speedo has intermittent fault where it stops then starts again.

After reading hat the gearbox located speedo sensor needed replacing, bought a pattern one and tried to fit it today hoping that would cure it.

Now, it doesn't seems to plug in as deep as the Renault part, and the speedo doesn't work at all. So, is it a cheap s**t part thatwontwork, or do I need to tap it in with something?

Clio 172
Mine does the exact same! I was hooning around the other day, then the speedo started rising and falling on its own, then completly fell, then came back up a few minutes after. Strange, revs also do it

BMW M4; S1000 RR
If it's a dodgy sensor it should act intermitantly, however if it's rising above the actual speed you're going to be looking more toward the instrument cluster, possibly an earth.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Mines doing this now!! On the way to friggin Dover and the Speedo has packed in! Whereabouts is the sensor so I can see if its loose?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I've got the dirty connection in the rear clusters issue which was causing my gig light to cone on? Could be that. In Belgium at the mo so limited scope for a roadside fix!