ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MORE PROBLEMS! = (

Got me bearing fixed at last on saturday!!:D

Went to me mates house yesterday, all was well, parked outside his house then went out for the day in his car.

Got in the car to go home last night and it wouldnt start. It did start and the revs shot up to 4000 (without me touching anything!) and then they came back down to barely 1000 and the car sounded terrible - refusing to idle and misfiring and backfiring all over th place.

Checked the plugs and leads and all sorts and everythin seemed to be fine - no visable sign of anything wrong - decided Id have to try get the car home.

Started her up and pulling away with lots off people in there windows lookin to see what all the noise was(!) I descovered down the road that I had no brakes!!!

Managed to stop the car and after some long hard thinkin me and my mate came to the decision that its something to do with the vacuum to brake servo (more his thoughts than mine)

Does this sound correct? :confused:

The car is now as we speak being transported to a local garage!

Will I ever have any luck with cars?????!:(

the servo hose has probably came off or split.

Unless the servos diagphram has split but you would hear it whistling at the pedal with the engine running if it was the servo.