ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Most ridiciolous insurance quote you ever got?

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
Confused.com advert just came on and reminded me of the time I was 17yrs old trying to get insured on my mothers 800CC Daewoo Matiz.

Quote from IIRC Admiral was Circa £35,000

The best part of it was the call I got the next day offering me 10% discount on it and the female caller asked if I would be intrested.

When I asked the lady why she thinks I should pay 35x the car's value in insurance she was speechless.

now I would like to here your stupid quotes your received from insurance companies.

My appologies if this is a repost!

Regards Dean.

Wow, that's a lot!

Biggest quotes that make me laugh come from Norwich Union everytime. Always in the thousands. I ring them every year just to see what they'll "quote me happy" with, knowing full well they never will :)

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
£7,000 on a Civic Type R. After some shopping around I managed to get this down to £720. lol

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
funilly enough Norwich Union quoted me £550 on my Clio 1.2 1998.

The next year they sent me a renewal quote for £1550 having had my driving liscence for 1year longer no claims and no point's I could not see why this was.

Jeremy Clarkson was not very happy when he had to repeat Bugatti Veyron over and over to them.

2 wheel power
mmm mine seems small. 5 grand on a nova and 3 grand on a base model punto. Thought these were stupid but 35000, surely a mistake!

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
I asked the same but no apparently it stood true.

I live in a very low risk area, I was 17 and had, had my liscence for 2months. I was just due to turn 18 and it was a standard 0.8l Daweoo Matiz on a T plate 1 owner since brand new. I had no points and had no claims.

Seems strange when the same company quoted me just under 1k on my Clio 1.2.

I ended up going Norwich Union for £550ish.

2 wheel power
You would of got a huuuuuuuuuuuuge saving by buying online lol!
I may try to get insured on 1 to see what they say!

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
read first post, was a quote from confused.com they then phoned me the following day.

2 wheel power
I would'nt go through the hassle with confused, whenever i look for insurance i have a look at the website and get bored having to fill in that many forms for what i found to be a small saving

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
I believe most insurance companies dropped them now anyway as they were providing stupid quotes as evident by my first post :p

Ive found Frizell/JamJar/Elephant to be the most reasonable but if anyone knows any better I would love to hear of them.

2 wheel power
Elephant? Iv had nothing but stupid quotes with them. I found direct line good or nationwide when i was looking at buyin a newer car

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
Elephant TPFT ~£1200 on Clio172 hybrid & lots of mods.

Does not seem to bad I'm 20 with 1yrs no claims and low risk location.

2 wheel power
mmmm, I'm only 17 but tried with 1 years no claims on a saxo vtr, added my mum and everything and elephant quoted me 4000. I'm in a pretty low risk area but i suppose it must differ a lot with age, as with all insurance!

LY V6 with Recaros
£4000 on my vtr through tescos, when I got it for £600 with Admiral! Got some quotes for about £2000 on the 182 aswell when I can get insured for £599.

not me but my birds brother wanted to get a brand new fiesta st as his first car, got a insurance quote of £16,750 FPMSL,

I said thats that idea out of the window and he said, NO! that do-able, lol silly fucker, needles to say he got a 1.1 206 for his first car, smashed that up, then got a golf 1.6 fsi and has now smashed that up, pmsl, insurance are putting his price upto £5k and he cant say no as he got the golf on finance only 6 months ago, hes royally fucked

As father and son....
I got quoted £2013.90 the other day on a V6!!

had a yack with a guy in the Shell at lichfield the other day, was in an arctic blue. told him about CS and said he knew about as he used to work for Renault over at Birmingham, said he knew you and told me to ask if your suspensions ok now :evil::evil: :rasp:

3k from Direct Line on a 172 about a year ago.

The biggest insurance piss take was when I moved from York to Kent. It went up by £180! That was more than half the original policy FFS. They wanted the money when I changed my address too not from the next renewal. The only other option was to dump the policy and start again, but that was even more expensive. Would be interested to see how much it is in March with 2yrs ncb and both being over 25!

Another reason to dislike Kent!!

Lee

BMW M2C
I got quoted £2013.90 the other day on a V6!!

had a yack with a guy in the Shell at lichfield the other day, was in an arctic blue. told him about CS and said he knew about as he used to work for Renault over at Birmingham, said he knew you and told me to ask if your suspensions ok now :evil::evil: :rasp:

That will have been Chris Green from Service, he lives in Lichfield. He's looked after my cars for a few years now. It's a shame the mechanics aren't as good. Which is why it's going to Wolvo for it's service on Tuesday.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
my dad renewal on his 5.3l v12 xjs convertible - £290 per year
the same policy with me on as a named driver - £27,900something!!(that was me at 17, just passed my test with direct line!!)

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Nine and a half thousand pounds for my clio 182. They sent it in writing too and I thought that I had taken the policy out with them, almost fainted. Luckily it was only a quote!

Clio 172
Wow, that's a lot!

Biggest quotes that make me laugh come from Norwich Union everytime. Always in the thousands. I ring them every year just to see what they'll "quote me happy" with, knowing full well they never will :)

Never realised that "quote you happy" meant making you piss yourself laughing? :D

182 w/busted splitter :-(
Good old Norwich Union quoted me £1,220 for my '05 182 FF!! (37 years old, full NCB!)

Eventually got it with Admiral for £402.