ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT pass now engine management light

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
The car passed it's MOT this morning with no advisories. I went for a drive out shopping and on the way back the engine management light decided to come on... it recently had a new cat fitted as the old one literally split into two. The light had come on when the cat was broken on the flexi but this had been turned off when the new cat was fitted. May it be one of my sensors?
I'm meant to be driving back to university this afternoon...
Thanks

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
The bottom right one on the dash. Hit 75 today on the motorway and my service and airbag light also decided to come on. Like Blackpool illuminations now...
I got back to uni okay tonight but did notice when I tried firing it up again later its revs jumped up and down and then it just died.
Related to my cat?
Put a fair bit of money which I don't really have into the car now and just want to enjoy driving it but she keeps giving me problems.

spanky2000

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I'm having cat issues too. Engine light comes on for a bit then goes off for a bit. My recent test results were ok for HC and CO but lambda was slightly lean at 1.07. Maybe yours is close to the limits but still passed? My Airbag light shows up too now and again but a quick fiddle with the wires under driver seat sorts this. I think there is a members guide to sorting this.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Well it's been fine in the 100 or so miles i've done with the new cat with the old sensors. There were quite a few errors cleared before and the car had been fine. Will I have any problems with running with an engine management light on? I'm sure it's nothing that serious. I'm still getting good MPG which is weird... They did struggle with emissions but the car wasn't warm when they first did it. Then it passed no problems. Could my cat not even be run in yet? I've done literally about 100 miles on it if that.