ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT questions

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
Just realised my MOT was due end of October as it is 3 years old now (52 plate) and need to get it done asap.

However, I'm wondering if my having a cat back exhaust system next Wednesday will have any effect on the emissions test. Would it make any difference having the MOT done before or after the new exhaust goes on? Logically it shouldn't as it's all after the cat but I thought I'd ask!

I also have blue sidelights instead of the normal white ones which were on the car when I bought it. Will it fail on these or can I leave them in?

Cheers.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Having a cat back exhaust should make any difference at all.

The blue sidelights however may cause a problem. If they are very blue obviously he will not like them!!

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Oh yer and get the MOT done asap.... dont want to be driving with no MOT:nono:

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
Yeah I know. Already been done by the rozzers once this week!

Sidelights are VERY blue, no white at all! I'll pop in and show him beforehand I think.

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
Cat back makes no difference, only if you get a decat will it fail.

Not sure about the blue sidelights - would've said that's probably a fail though.

Megane225FF
cat back wont make a difference as said above..
I've got blueish led's in my sidelights, passed MOT..

Want a bet it doesnt ? I know of a Mk2 172 on here that had a k-tec cat back system on it, failed the emissions then when the standard system was replaced it passed.

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
Loony said:
Want a bet it doesnt ? I know of a Mk2 172 on here that had a k-tec cat back system on it, failed the emissions then when the standard system was replaced it passed.

And how many do you know that have aftermarket cat-backs and passed the emissions test?

S2000
it should make a difference. Although loony gave teh example of someone failing the large majority of people pass without any problems.