ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT soon - Advice please!

My MOT is due in November and there are a few things on the car that i think may cause it to fail, just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the following:

- 2-3" play in the steering (obviously the steering rack but whats the cheapest solution?)

- Rust on rear left arch (needs a new arch fitting, see pic :( )

rust1xr6.jpg

The previous owner decided to completely fill over the rust and as you can see it has completely fell apart, but the rest of the car is mint!
I'm a student so bear in mind i need the cheapest solution, i've been quoted at around £120 for a new arch and paint, but thats from a bloke who only paints in his garage, not his main job. I have seen his work and its good, apart from a couple of dust speckles in the laquer.

So, will it fail for the above? Thanks :)

1.6 focus zetec....
Answer to your last question is YES without a doubt.... for both of the problems iirc!!

stu

Clio Mk 1
i'd get him to do it for £120 if i was you, at least it would get through the MOT, you never know but he might do a really good job

Or remember the phrase "you buy cheap, you buy twice" ;) lol

That will defo cost more than £120 to do properly but, as stu says, if it gets it through the MOT... :)

As for the column, you can get it welded for about £20-30 apparently!

Striped track ****
get the arch sorted but just ask him to be carfull about dust when he laquers it

SBV116 said:
gaffa tape over the arch mate, half tidy job, no sharp edges it cant fail!!

i heard that this can be done from a mate but wasnt too sure, might have to do that for now i'm skint!

the wheels are bk racing 238's :)

weld the rack and covr the hole up with gaffa tape, ginner did it on the xr2i n it passed... i paid 300quid for mine doin on clio though and it wanted doing again within 6 months... wasnt terrible the 2nd time but it was coming back