ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT

Maz

LY 200
My first MOT is due on the same day my warranty runs out ? is this correct and if so am I allowed to get the MOT done early ? or would that mean having to MOT it early for the rest of its life ?

Sorry if this is a dumb question :eek:

SchwepTek™
LOL. Yep ur right about MOT being on day warranty runs out. Its up to you when you have it done. You need it done within 10days of warranty running out and then every 12 months from that date!!!

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
I think you can get it done up to two weeks early, and it is post dated.

I did with mine just in case things got picked, it was still in warranty.

You can put it through the MOT with upto 1 month left to run. It will still apply from the date it's due.

Maz

LY 200
I was wanting to get it done this month instead of next month which would mean a 13 month mot cert, will they do that ?

Yes.

You will need to take proof though. Usually it's the previous MOT cert, in your case I guess it'd be the V5 or something.

Maz

LY 200
Ah ok thats cool I thought that was the case, thanks :)

Has everyone else just had theirs done at Renault or is it best to go independant to make sure anything thats wrong is detected ?

182 has now gone!
I booked mine in for its first mot 2 weeks before it was due and when the warrenty was to expire. They dated the mot certificate for the date it was actually due on..

Mégane RS
I booked mine in for its first mot 2 weeks before it was due and when the warrenty was to expire. They dated the mot certificate for the date it was actually due on..

yeah that is usualt the case, say if it ran out on the 10th, you take it in on the 2nd they will stamp it for the 11th lol

I get free MOT's if I take it back to Renault... my first one's due 21st November.

Even though its free, I think I will still take it to the Honda garage like I do every year and pay. I trust Honda.

I get free MOT's if I take it back to Renault... my first one's due 21st November.

Even though its free, I think I will still take it to the Honda garage like I do every year and pay. I trust Honda.

If you don't want to take it to Rentech or Honda, Advanced Auto Repairs (Airfield Industrial Estate) have done all the work on my cars and parents cars, they've just done the cambelt on the TT for a reasonable price, you have to book in advance though as they are really busy.

Ah, but the Honda boys always liked 'playing' with the 172... lol

and i secretly loved the Jazz they gave me last year while it was being done :approve: :eek:

Ah, but the Honda boys always liked 'playing' with the 172... lol

and i secretly loved the Jazz they gave me last year while it was being done :approve: :eek:

Better than a breadvan I guess.
PMSL Mum's just got a Jazz Sport in metallic blue, with the body kit and 16's, I really wanted to hate it but I have borrowed it too many times now and the secret is out! The folding seats are so good for throwing the bike in the back, seriously slow though.

53 plate 172
I've got my 2nd MOT due in 3 weeks and I can't find replacement tyres. I still have the original conti's and would prefer the same as the rear are only half worn. Everybody seems to be out of stock.

clio 182 black /gold
I was wanting to get it done this month instead of next month which would mean a 13 month mot cert, will they do that ?
Yes you can get 13 months M.O.T. Most of my cars i get them done nearly amonth early. Just take your log book with you.

Mondeo TDCI 130
You can only book it in a maximum of 28 days before its due!! if its anymore it will be dated from the time of test! as its a new car you shouldnt need to take any paper work with you ( as in its first mot ) as the dvla should have it all on file with vosa! 99% of the time this is the case!!

Maz

LY 200
I have never had anything through the post before anyway, so if you do get something its new :p

Thanks SBV, just need to find somewhere to take it now :)

Mondeo TDCI 130
you cant bring it to me yet!:rasp: not set up! pesky solicitors taking forever!! could have done it while you waited, all though it is a bit of a drive!!!

Mondeo TDCI 130
You set up your own business ? dont need it done til 19th :p, get your finger out lol

well yes, in the process of doing! me and andrew the foreman left on friday! but were waiting for solicitors to sort themselves out before we can get in! then we have mega tidying up / sorting out new equipment!, then we can get on to vosa as were both testers and it was a test station up until a month ago! aint going to be set up that quickly though sorry! :( maybe next time!

Maz

LY 200
^ I was only messing, good luck with it all and let me know once you are set up as it will be worth the distance to have someone decent work on my car :)

53 plate 172
You set up your own business ? dont need it done til 19th :p, get your finger out lol

well yes, in the process of doing! me and andrew the foreman left on friday! but were waiting for solicitors to sort themselves out before we can get in! then we have mega tidying up / sorting out new equipment!, then we can get on to vosa as were both testers and it was a test station up until a month ago! aint going to be set up that quickly though sorry! :( maybe next time!

yes, let me know too, Whitchurch not too far for me.

By the way can anybody recommend some tyres. Quoted £72 each for the Conti's but difficult to get hold of at the moment.

M

monkeyman103

Have it done up to 28 days early and starts from same date as the last one ran out. Thats what they are doing with mine as my warranty runs out as well

M

monkeyman103

Tyres get the yokohamas. Grip great once warm. Wear down bit quicker as are soft compound. E tyres are good for tyres. Order on the site and they come out and fit them for you at home or at work.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
When I saw the thread title and starter, I was hoping for something else...

But yeah, good advice above ;)

Maz

LY 200
^lol

By the way can anybody recommend some tyres. Quoted £72 each for the Conti's but difficult to get hold of at the moment.

Have you tried black circle tyres ?

Mondeo TDCI 130
^ I was only messing, good luck with it all and let me know once you are set up as it will be worth the distance to have someone decent work on my car :)

No probs maz!, Gambler, try demon tweeks? there the cheapest around here for tyres!! not sure where you are!

53 plate 172

No probs maz!, Gambler, try demon tweeks? there the cheapest around here for tyres!! not sure where you are!

I work on the same estate as DT ! Never thought of them. Went to a local fitter this morning for some Contis but I think they have damaged my wheel (on a different thread).

53 plate 172
Just booked my car in to the dealers for a £24K service and will have MOT done at same time as most dealers are doing them half price these days.