ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT!

Ive got mine coming up this weekend and wanted to know what exactly do they test and roughly how much does everyone pay?

Because at the moment Ive had quotes at £30 and one at £40 but its off my mates dad?

Cheers Danny

Im paying £35 and im getting my done tomorrow

not too sure but anything from lights, exhaust omissions (sp), windscreen (no cracks), indicators, seatbelts! pedals, flooring (make sure its not falling through lol)

just everything really lol!!

vix :)

£40.75 I paid.. from quite a nice place.

... but, thats the most they can charge, heh!

lol, some good ones here, I think I fancy goin for mitsis deal, £10 sounds a treat!

I was speaking to some other guys at work and they were asking how much Ive saved! I thought its not a holiday! thought Id pass no probs but now Im not too sure!

If you fail and you fix the problem do you have to pay another £30 for another go?

Dan

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

if they are nice they will let u off as long as u get it fixed. I think though if the cars leaves the garage ie u take it home to fix it, they charge u again

That is sh*t, where abouts do you work might give u a visit!

Well I think my headlight beem needs adjusting, right too high!

Pedals prob need changing to close together, wheels scrub slightly on full lock, bulbs need changing back to originals! not too sure about everything else thats whhy I thought it best to ask you guys?

Dan

They need to give a free retest, however there are certain areas/problems that will not count if the car has left the test centre. Nasty places will fail you on something like this to ensure that you stay and pay them to do the work. I failed on a lower ball joint, i checked it when i got home and it was fine apart from a small spli in the gator, which i believe is an advisory, not a fail. I also failed on brake pads, i changed them when i got home, found that the old ones were 3/4 full, i went and had words, only to be told that it was dark behind the wheel and hard to see. Ha, no refund, no retest, just a lot of hate.

My advice is to get a recommendation, regardless of price stick to what you can trust. The good guys will go round the car and show you whats wrong and why.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

mot will cost between £25 and £40 depending on where you go and you get a free retest within 14 days.sometimes wether something is failed or advised is all down to the testers individual judgement even though there is a set book of guidelines.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Yeah a mate took his fiesta for its first MOT assuming free retest, failed on something and was avied only free if they did the work.

Check first.

Also worth finding a good place. Used to have mine done at a place that only sells tyres and batteries so that was all they could fail you for to make money. Last time it passed with the decat on, no emissions reading given, and ball joint was knackered a few weeks later, probably like it at MOT time.

Would rather it failed than drive around fast in something that is dangerous without realising it.