ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

motorbike carbs?

clio 172 cup and valver
ive got a 2002 172 cup and im thinking about putting it on motorbike carbs i was wondering what i will need to do it? has anyone done this before and what are the best bike carbs to use?

Clio 1.4 RT
Easy on an old car, hard on an EFI car. You could fit bike throttle bodies though by transplanting your TPS etc onto them

106 GTI
4 x bike throttle bodies for a start :p

standalone management
an a head to throttle body manifold
a throttle linkage

and much more ...

Clio 1.4 RT
If you move all your original sensors onto the bike TB's then it'll plug straight on. Then slice up your old manifold and attach them with some silicon hoses.

You will need your original ECU remapped to deal with the extra airflow. Get a universal throttle cable or modify your existing one.

http://www.boggbros.co.uk/ can do you a quote

sigh, if only we'd all known sooner

Absolutely, this guy could of saved me a fortune

Megasquirt?

= Apparently not to good, ill find the post.

From Icarus

Ben - Megasquirt is rubbish. There's no control over the quality of the product or software and some are still using a sodding printer plug as the primary loom interface. People will call me a snob because of what I work with day to day but honestly I am most definately not, megasquirt though - good to build and gain an understanding of how engine control works, not good to run an expensive engine package on IMHO