ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Motorola Moto series... anyone got one?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Just ordered my mum a Moto G as her old Samsung (from like 2010) died... going to be a huge upgrade for her! I've never actually owned an Android phone myself.

Got it really on the basis it won best budget smartphone award on The Verge :)

Any good apps that you can't get on iOS? As that's all I know! Going to download her Evernote, Sunrise, Wunderlist and Weather! which are all essential ones for me.

We use them at work, great phone for the price and fairly vanilla android. Can't comment on the apps too much as I'm not a massive app person, but there will be plenty to choose from whatever you're wanting to do. Google now is a good one, it learns your routine and will alert you on various things such as traffic time to work / home, package delivery notices, and points of interest near to where you are etc.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Really impressed with this phone actually! Makes me wonder why I spend £500 more on an iPhone tbh... only lag I've noticed is that SwiftKey isn't quite as fast.

Also now know I can definitely handle a 5" phone, although because of no Touch ID, the bezels are actually a bit smaller, so it's not much bigger than my iPhone 6.

Moto G 2014 and new 2015 models are great.

2015 model has gone up in price and now has weather sealing of sorts. Pretty close to stock android too.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Got a Moto G phone for work and it's the only phone in 18 years of having a mobile that I've actually flung once! I think that's an Android frustration rather than anything to do with the phone, though.

Silly little quirks like my Gmail client currently being 5.1 - which still retains a distinct 'Email' and 'Gmail' client. No Exchange settings on the Gmail side by default. Others I setup for work are the Moto 3G which is now upgraded to 5.1.1 and Gmail has the inbuilt Exchange settings.

Trivial issues - but annoying when as a company we have near 200 mobiles and 99% of them go through me. If Apple sensibly priced their devices, I'd definitely push for iPhones instead. As it is, a 4-to-1 price difference is a bit too steep!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Using it a bit more tonight, you can definitely tell the screen isn't as sharp as my iPhone 6. However still very impressed with it. Don't mind the rubber back either, does make it nice and grippy, although I've never actually dropped the iPhone.

I've got a moto e 2nd gen its good for browsing the web listening too music & the battery is fantastic ive been very impressed with it considering it cost £70

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Yeah that's another point... the battery, wow! Charged it up to 100% on Tuesday before handing it over and today it's on 24% still without another charge! Assuming it dies tomorrow, that's four days which kicks the iPhone's arse.