ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mountain Lion - OS X.8

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Mega slow to install.

Downloaded in about 30 mins, been installing another half hour and only half way :(

Citroen DS3 DSport
Right I've used it solid for a couple of hours.

Seriously impressed. I have a 2009 13" MBP with a 5400rpm drive and 8GB of ram and after 3-4 restarts and spotlight did its reindexing thing...WOW, i just cannot believe that 3 year old hardware is still this fast. The improvements to speed and smoothness are easily worth upgrading for.

Ok so theres not much in the way of progress, but this is OS X its been good since it was launched.

Thumbs up to Apple. I dread to think how much newer macs scream along with this OS.

I'm happy to read that as I am using the same age and spec of MBP. The install took 1 hour though, twice the length of the download. Currently downloading a additional 2.64gb of updates!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Took me about 1 1/4 hours to download then 25 to install. Mine seems to be running a little slower though. 30 seconds to boot up, up from 25 secs and 9 seconds to shutdown, up from 3 seconds. Not had a proper play yet. I'm tired and going to bed.

That's on a 2010 13" MBP with an SSD.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
My housemate is fuming with this, he used to browse in a really weird way...

He's look at something, then zoom in to read bits etc, zoom seems to have disappeared.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Safari has pissed me off already. Back to Chrome it is.

Not noticing mega differences yet. AirPlay thing wants to talk to my AT3 but I've no idea why. Notifications in the corner will be fairly redundant for me too as all it's doing is looking at email.

£14 well spent :dead:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
My housemate is fuming with this, he used to browse in a really weird way...

He's look at something, then zoom in to read bits etc, zoom seems to have disappeared.

All on the pinch to zoom now, no option to ctrl + scroll it seems.

Anyway to get my battery to show remaining time?

I'm finding it a fair bit slower but I think it's still syncing with icloud and doing upgrades etc

I hope it's faster, it's the main reason I've upgraded. Lion was slower than SL and I was a bit gutted you couldn't roll back at the time :(

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I kept pressing something and it would zoom in so the neighbouring villages can read my screen :S No idea how I did it, but haven't done it yet in Chrome.

Don't get the Safari hype TBH. Clearly I'm missing something.

Bus w**ker
Safari lasted the amount of time it took to open it, navigate to google and download chrome. Then it was banished, probably never to be seen again. I'd do the same on my phone too if iOS Chrome wasn't painfully slow and unable to be set as default browser.

Still no code either FFS.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
All upgraded and indexed, it's a decent improvement in speed.

Everything is just a bit more slick, well worth the money.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Ok so the Google search is now combined with the web address bar. How can I delete my previous searched. p**n obv.

My mini summary

2 hours of not being able to download it
then downloaded quickly
said 20minutes to install and took well over an hour
notification center is nice but no apps seem to support it yet
it feels a bit quicker
LITERALLY NOTHING ELSE HAS CHANGED

Feels like a very minor service pack more than a proper release. Disappointing compared to previous OS X releases, and so is iOS6 and so is the spec of the iPhone5. It would appear Apples innovation died with Steve Jobs :(

Just my opinion - and yeah it's £13.99 so worth it just for the speed increase, but would have been nice to see a few more features :(

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
So how many times have you opened a link for you to then close everything because links now open in the same browser?

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
So how many times have you opened a link for you to then close everything because links now open in the same browser?

Do links open as new tabs in safari now?

That and the supposed speed boost when browsing will probably mean I will do it.

Await countless questions people, as I will no doubt totally f**k it up.

LY 182
Right I've used it solid for a couple of hours.

Seriously impressed. I have a 2009 13" MBP with a 5400rpm drive and 8GB of ram and after 3-4 restarts and spotlight did its reindexing thing...WOW, i just cannot believe that 3 year old hardware is still this fast. The improvements to speed and smoothness are easily worth upgrading for.

Ok so theres not much in the way of progress, but this is OS X its been good since it was launched.

Thumbs up to Apple. I dread to think how much newer macs scream along with this OS.

Sounds good to me! I've got the 2010 MBP model just the base specs. Been toying with a SSD but there's no real major speed issue and I'd probably rather put the money from the SSD towards an iPad or something else.

A little speed increase would be good.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
I'm pretty sure you were able to open links in a new tab previously, if not since about 2003. :S

By default it would open in a new window, unless you 2 finger pressed it and selected open in new tab.

I assumed the default had changed to opening a new tab?

Can you flick between 2 windows o the same programme easily using the key board?

Bus w**ker
Nothing for me either, getting close to 24hrs now. I ordered my Mac from the Apple Store online, so in theory it should have been straightforward as they just asked for the order date and Serial No.

Yup same for me, other people I spoke to got their codes instantly as they applied as soon as the site when live and others it took about two hours but I'm over 18 hours now and according to the Apple forums people are being advised that it can take 24-72 hours. FFS.

Citroen DS3 DSport
My excitement for ML died when I read a few weeks ago that Airplay was not supported on my 2009 MBP. It was the only new feature I would have liked.