ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mountain Lion - OS X.8

6/468 17poo
I do not have a spare external hard drive to make a back up other than time machine which I just run, should I just install it without using carbon cloner?

A silver one
In the world? Yes. Instructions available online.

Ermm, no. On ClioSport. That's why I'm asking in Mountain Lion thread on ClioSport. I've seen the online instructions, thanks for pointing that out though.

Was it really that difficult to understand that I was asking if other people posting in this thread had created one?

Bus w**ker
Ermm, no. On ClioSport. That's why I'm asking in Mountain Lion thread on ClioSport. I've seen the online instructions, thanks for pointing that out though.

Was it really that difficult to understand that I was asking if other people posting in this thread had created one?

Yes or maybe I was being sarcastic. Thanks for playing along.

LY 182
All set up. Didn't bother with Lion so still getting used to a few different bits.

Set up Twitter in notification center but it seems to be a bit bit and miss. I know Twitter had problems earlier so I suppose it could be that.

Otherwise seems all okay.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Just got messages working properly with my iPhone, it's pretty good. Impressed with the overall look and feel to it, although the indicator lights on the dock are a little awkward to see compared to Lion. Only thing I can really say thats not impressed me.

LY 182
Just got messages working properly with my iPhone, it's pretty good. Impressed with the overall look and feel to it, although the indicator lights on the dock are a little awkward to see compared to Lion. Only thing I can really say thats not impressed me.

Not worked out how to do this yet. Is it straight forward?

/Lazy.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah its pretty simple, just open up the app, go to preferences, accounts and sign in with your iCloud account. Then just tick enable this account and when you start a message you should see all your iCloud/phone contacts to choose from.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Oh balls!!!! If only ML was released last month I could have got a free battery replacement for my MBP. I am seeing the 'Service Battery' warning and now have no choice to ignore it until my battery life becomes shockingly short or pay Apple for a replacement.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Is there an option where Safari prompts me when I click to shut a browser when there are more than 1 tab open?

It was standard on SL but was removed for Lion.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I like iMessage and Airplay Mirroring. Dont really use the rest of the stuff. Have noticed a much quicker boot time and general "quickness".

I tried to use Safari but still find it much slower than Firefox tbh.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Looks great, as usual with the Apple OS updates, its not stupidly expensive.

I remember when windows cost £000's, no wonder there was so much piracy.

Anyone else having problems with the cursor disappearing all the time? It's doing my tits in.

Edit - Seems to be fixed after closing all my tabs. Probably a flash issue.

Safari is lightning quick. I thought Opera was fast but this is just silly.

Not used the other features much as of yet, I'm impressed with dictation, though.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I can't seem to get the iCloud open tabs function working ... Do I need to set something up on the iPhone / iPad?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I thought that was coming with iOS 6? So unless you're running the beta, you can't do it (yet).

That's possibly b****cks BTW.

Bus w**ker
Just me that really excited about Power Nap? Yeah ok it's not a feature that you personally do anything with but the benefits of it a huge IMO.

i have no idea where to start with it, its the first update i've done on my macbook since i bought it...!

search bar for safari and its speeds are great though.