ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mpg help please

Hi my 182 mpg has suddenly got bad, it just isn't going very high at the moment even on motorway on cruise control it isn't as good, can it be that the weather has turned colder sorts that effect the mpg, please help!!

clio 182 trophy
Hi my 182 mpg has suddenly got bad, it just isn't going very high at the moment even on motorway on cruise control it isn't as good, can it be that the weather has turned colder sorts that effect the mpg, please help!!
Yes as on cold mornings the engine takes longer to heat up, using more fuel. How much of a drop in mpg is it?

Like this morning the best I could get was about 30 an normally I could get about 37 driving carefully, and tonight wasent great but then once I as been driving a while it was on 37, but I only got 40 on the a14 driving in cruse control and normally would be higher, what do you recon?

clio 182 trophy
Could be a faulty lamba sensor, could be spark plugs, faulty injector. I had a faulty spark plug and imjector last week and it was using a lot more fuel, but was also misfiring.

I have had lambs sensor done about 3 months ago, and I think it is running alright, what do you recommend to do?

No not in a few weeks, I'll try that thank you, when the engine is cold then is the mpg bad into they warm up then?

FF Titanium 182
I think the ideal everyday use is 33front 30rear. Motorways and stuff can varey tho. Always worth a try.