ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MPG

1.2 16v (Race Spec)

I cant get nemore than 33.7 out of my 1.2 16v clio 53 plate! its annoyin, it really does drink petrol. I work for Subaru and the WRX does about 28-29 average!! wots goin on?

1.2 16v (Race Spec)

i do drive it but i do a 36 mile journey evryday and on quiet roads in a 1.2 so i cant say i dont make it work but it shouldnt b this bad shud it?

Mondeo STTDCI

I can only get 33.1 mpg out of my 1.2 Extreme.

Really pissed off with it. Im going back to standard airbox from saturday (as its the only thing Ive changed) to see if it makes a difference,

If I did journeys like you every day, in my 1.2 8v, Id expect about 36mpg.. average.

Nice quiet road.. twisty.. love it.. hehe

kin hell, I boot my mk2 172 and get min of 35 on a run, I was gettin 37 driving steady with 3 kayaks on the roof!

i get about 44/45 mpg from my 1.2 16v. I drive it work everyday, about 18 miles each way. I give it some sh*t, about 1** on the motorway and 7* along the nice quite B roads. :D

ex Clio 172 owner :(

I never look at it as MPG I just think £20 gets me 200 miles on average depending on how I rag the gay b*****d...

Mines a 1.6 16v, Im guessing I get about 33.5 miles in mine based on that at £3.35 a gallon. Not great really but a 1.2 Clio should get about 40 miles Id suggest, at least.

Take it in and get them to check it on the clip, its a brill bit of kit and it shows injector on times throttle body position etc...

£20 quid is roughly 200 miles for me too.. on average.

I can managed to get 240 - 250 miles from £20 if i try hard enough tho!

Ph-Sold!

I get 42/43 on my 2001 1.2 8V, and thats on 45 miles a day on 85/90mph dual carriageway, dont accelerate really hard though, just keep it at high speeds once its there (not that the 1.2 has the best acceleration, might as well not try at all :sleep: lol

Its all down to how you drive the car I wouldnt bother to much unless its meaning your skint.

I had a 1.2 16V once as a courtesy car and it never did more than 20mpg my guess was 15mpg. Then again I did drive it at the limiter and mates thought it was a 1.4 or somthing it went so quick.

I get about 55~57 out of my diesel which is fastish driving and since a diesel should do about 50% more o th gallon your 1.2 seems to be about right.

If you want to get he mex mpg use the brake and accelerater like they had an egg balenced on them an drive in a high gear.

EDD