ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MR2

Skoda Fabia vRS

what are the specs on the Toyota MR2

the one i had a race with had a twin exhaust, standard item, and it wasnt the new model

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Well, it could be a Jap spec turbo model as there are a few kicking about in the UK and they have a twin exit zorst as standard.

A guy near me has one and they are quick!

i raced one to hes a guy i work with, his is turbo with twin zost, silver.

it was off the lights and i had him in first i couldnt believe it he was in my rear view mirror them the turbo kicked in and he when by, buy he hit the limmiter and took it out of 1st and into reverse (DUH) what a noise it when of with so i passed him again

i win....

Skoda Fabia vRS

i had him until i changed into third, then he started to pass me, at quite a rate lol

Ive ridden in a Jap-spec turbod MR2 on a trackday at Castle Combe.

Its quick. The driver was one of my kart-racing colleagues, and he was moving on.

Funny thing was, it was actually quite boring. The thing was on rails, we COULDNT get the back end out, no matter how it was driven or what we did to the suspension. I could quite easily sit in the passenger seat with a video camera on my shoulder (stupid I know, but it seemed like a good idea at the time) and give a running commentary while we blitzed absolutely everything.

Never been in a non-turbo version, but the turbo version would be well worth having, in my humble opinion.

make sure its the late spec... the earlier Mk2 Mr2s have a tendency to be crap in the handling department... the late Mk2s are an awesome tool.