ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Must have upgrades

1.8 Corsa Golf pd180
Buying the cup tomorrow and need to know the must have upgrades.

Already buying a set of sportlines, but whats else? induction kit?

1.8 Corsa Golf pd180
totally agree on the splitter, does alot for the car.

Whats a yozza and what are silvervisions? tyres?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Silvervisions are the indicator bulbs mate, ther silver in stead of crappy orange, 5a a set and make a big diffrence

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
if i was in your possition and had just bought a standard 172 cup i would buy...

Sportlines, inspect rear dampers to see if they are worth replacing (front too while your at it, but rears are more likely to be shot)

ITG pannel Filter, Samco Induction Bend, RS Tuner to give it a 98ron fuel map and raised limiter :) decat for standard exhaust system, sounds just nice

In the words of Baz Lurhman, there really is:

R-692887-1148440024.jpg

Just a matter of having a poke about (becoming a member ;)) and seeing what you would like to do :)

1.8 Corsa Golf pd180
Thats already in the bag lads, cant be arsed filling the card info out tonight, will be a paid member by tomorrow :)

now how much is this map? is a decat enough for the exhaust system?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
their is gains to be had from changing the cat back but to be honest its not worth the extra noise unless you dont mind the noise every day, would do my head in if it was my every day car lol

a decat on the standard system still gives you a nice rasp and pops on over run.

an RS Tuner box to map it costs about £170 memory but 2nd hand ones come up for around the £90-£100 mark, and you need an unlock code for €50 to use it on another car, so £150 if you get a 2nd hand one. keep in mind if you buy a new one you can always sell it on once uve done the map :)

1.8 Corsa Golf pd180
So i the box just upgrades the ecu and is not needed again. isit 170 and it will work on my ecu without the unlock code? if its a good gain i would go for it.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
yeah if you buy brand new it will work without an unlock code and then the person you sell it to if you decide to do so will need an unlock code, im not sure on the exact price www.fastchip.nl is where you get them, ive got one for my ph1 172 their are good gains to be had mid range and lower down in the torque band plus a raised limiter, you can also upload launch control if you want to!

you install the software on your laptop, plug the RSTuner box into your laptop and into your cars diagnostics port, and upload the new map. if you register as a member their is a Fastchip (the company who makes it) section in the traders section for more info

1.8 Corsa Golf pd180
Ready to buy a set of silvervisions but cant find them for a fiver? can anyone help, also where can i get a itg pannel filter?

There are a few options for splitters. If its cheap you want then there are offerings from Skoda, Pug etc i belive.

Once your paid up all this info will be available ....

DB.

BMW 440i
Paid up now. i want the proper splitter for the car.

You have a few options, the only way to get a proper cup one is to wait for a second hand or fork out the stupid amount to Renault.

You could get a Streamlinecarbon one from their website (Have a look, google search Streamlinecarbon. (£90 or £150)

You could get a Ktec Carbon Fibre (Effect?) one for about £110 delivered.

Or a Skoda one, (Have a look for a thread called 'Possible New splitter found' somewhere in the Interior/Exterior Mods section.

Hope that helps. :)

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Paid up now. i want the proper splitter for the car.

No point, silly money. I got a skoda one and I think it looks fine. Also it is less likely to snap! Oh yeah and its about £11.50!!

I wouldn't get sportlines straight away! Get used to the car as it is, it is pretty well set up. I agree they look better lowered and I was obsessed with getting some for the look, but i put it off and have decided not to bother, its staying standard for now, because I love how it drives!

ITB BG 182
If you want to buy a cf splitter i have another one for sale.
Also with you being new hope you come along to one of the local meets.

1.8 Corsa Golf pd180
Real carbon fibre?? How much? When is the next meet?

I would say I'm a experianced driver so lowering it straight away wouldn't be a issue.

182 Trophy
If lowering you may not be happy with springs, i always found mine too crashy, got v-max coilovers on now and they are much much better. Splitter wise its a tough one, i have no splitter at the minute and think i'll go for the Skoda one, for £11.50 you can't go wrong

Cooksport Fleet
That spiller is off a mk 1 (i think) megane. Towing eye can be bought on here off a guy with the username Si, he makes them....about 25 quid.