ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 1.2 0-60-0 times

Breaking A 172 Replica
Hmm I am not so sure.

Does anyone know of anywhere we can check?

My friend has a 1.4 RT or RN (I always get them mixed up) and thats an S reg. I can beat him throughout the rev range including from 0-10 mph and top speed

Sam

DUB mk2 golf gti!
RN's are 1.2 i think?dnt kno! my car only rele goes past 3k! dno bout this reving to 6.5k the 1.4 ent soo revy!:approve:

Breaking A 172 Replica
lol, ok it is deffo the RT then as I know its a 1.4.

Yeah he hates revving his, maybe that is why.

Sam

DUB mk2 golf gti!
in 1st and 2nd! u go anything over 4k i somtimes get dead spots hardly any acceleration at all! mite be my fuel filter yet to check! mite just be the nature of the beast!?:S

1.2 8v: Max Power: 60BHP @ 5250rpm
Max Torque:93NM @ 2500rpm

1.2 16v Max Power: 75BHP @ 5500rpm
Max Torque: 105NM @ 3500rpm

1.4 8v Max Power: 75BHP
Max Torque: 114NM

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
imo i think you will stuggle to beat a 1.4Rt mate.

just to let you know i had a little run in with a clio 1.2 16v in the punto mk1 1.2 16v a few days ago, pulled away so clean and i know for a fact that punto doesnt do 0-60 under 10.5sec.

imo i think you will stuggle to beat a 1.4Rt mate.

just to let you know i had a little run in with a clio 1.2 16v in the punto mk1 1.2 16v a few days ago, pulled away so clean and i know for a fact that punto doesnt do 0-60 under 10.5sec.

The really new ones with under 10k miles are dog slow. A good mate of mine bought a brand new 1.2 16v extreme and it wouldnt even wheel spin. Flat to the floor in first and the rev counter just slowly climbed, it was rubbish. My 1.2 on the other hand will light up the front wheels in second.

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
i know the feeling. i hate the "tightness" of a new car. cant wait to brake 'em in!

EK4 SIR CIVIC 185 BHP
I was thinkkng of this thread earlier today so i did a slight sprint on a straight quiet road, u guys said i should red line it and in gear 2 i nearly loss control! someone said it was wheel torque or something, i aint doing that again tho lol what happened?

Breaking A 172 Replica
Those figures ALexS pulled up...which 1.4 is that? is it the mk2 one or mk one?

Because I have raced my friend a few times and I know he was changing at the right points and every single time I beat him.

Is the 1.4 lump heavier or something then?

E-ray - how sure are you the guy you were racing was changing at all the right times?

And the Gtech starts as soon as I drop the clutch and finishes when the speedo says 65 mph. How can it not be accurate?

Sam

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6

Because I have raced my friend a few times and I know he was changing at the right points and every single time I beat him.

E-ray - how sure are you the guy you were racing was changing at all the right times?

And the Gtech starts as soon as I drop the clutch and finishes when the speedo says 65 mph. How can it not be accurate?

Sam

yeh sorry to say he was, his my mate and his alright driver. not trying diss your car dude cos im sure its quicker then most standard 1.2's but dont think you can beat a mk1 punto sporting.

Sam

The figures I gave for the 1.2 8v and 16v were for the mk2 ph2 and out of Renaults own brochure. The figures I gave for the 1.4 were for the mk2 ph1 (can't get a 1.4 8v ph2) and were from www.parkers.co.uk.
Out of interest a Mk2 ph1 1.4 8v is quicker to 60 by almost a second in comparison to the 1.2 16valver.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i used to take mine to 6,000rpm in first then 5,500rpm after that.

i find it tends to drop off the power after 5,500/5,600rpm so no point going any higher.

Breaking A 172 Replica
It does drop off power after 5500rpm.

But you aren't looking to change at the point where the most power is, you are looking to change to keep each gear at the highest average power throughout the gear.

That is to say that you should change when the BHP output at the time of change should equal the BHP output at the time of putting the clutch back out again in the new gear.

Sam

a g-tech said my old 172 did 0-60 in 5.2secs over 3 runs...

they're only slighly more accurate than a LAD rolling road.

I have found mine gives realistic results. I hit 60 in 6.4 and 100 in c. 16.8 (can't remember the exact time). If they're set up correctly then, by all accounts, they are accurate :eek:

Breaking A 172 Replica
Roy,

When you say setup correctly, for 0-60, it is just zeroing the meter when you start by getting the tilt correct yeah?

Sam

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
It does drop off power after 5500rpm.

But you aren't looking to change at the point where the most power is, you are looking to change to keep each gear at the highest average power throughout the gear.

i know that lol but i find that taking the revs over 5,500 it just dies that much that if you do change up it pulls harder when the next gear comes in than it does in the previous gear so just makes it slower really.