ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 1.2 has become even slower!

been having a weird problem with my ickle 1.2 8-valve atm. Sometimes it doesnt like to start, however i think ive found the problem. If i go into the fuse box in the engine bay, remove the fuse for the fuel pump, and reseat it, the car will start. I cant remember how i figured out this solution, but it works every time without fail.

Recently the car has been really sluggish, for example when i accelerate hard, it infact slows down (practically stopping) before slowly accelerating again. I have a feeling its something to do with this fuse, or infact the fuel pump, not providing enough juice or something. I dunno, im no expert :confused:

Does anyone have any idea what i can do to sort it, or where i can go to get it looked at? (im in bristol) I feel helpless as i dont know what to do and i dont want to take it to a garage for them to spout a load of carp to me and then charge me £200.

Just to give you an idea of how slow it is, my 0-60 time is 25-27 seconds!

Thanks for any replies :)

Take it to Renault and ask them to do a diagnostic check on there CLIP diagnostic computer - they will hook it up to your diagnostic socket on your car and within a few minutes they should be able to find what the problem is. They will charge you 1 hrs labour (£45 - £55) then you can either repair it yourself are ask renault how much they will charge to sort it out.