ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 182 clio

Liam_182

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Sport 182
30ucrb9.jpg

2na4nrd.jpg

1zyv48h.jpg

nnw4qu.jpg

mbna79.jpg

Bought the car around a week ago, pretty clean example. Just had all the timing belts etc changed within the past 1000 miles. Cars currently on 82k.
Currently the car only has a Ktec exhaust system on it but I have big plans for it in the future, planning on getting it wrapped, new alloys and headunit, tinted windows, wind deflectors etc for starters then start working on the performance side of things when I get it looking how i want it :)

Wondering if anyone knows any history of the car or who the previous owner was on here as the car has club stickers on the back window but the owner before myself wasnt on here.

Any other members on here local to Falkirk?

Kosy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Midlothian here. Nice car, hope you enjoy it. I personally wouldn't wrap but each to their own. Good tyres, springs, geo and an rstuner 98 ron map. Save rest for fuel!

Liam_182

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Sport 182
In 2 frames of mind about wrapping it or just getting the paint touched up would be doing it the original colour but not 100% what route to take yet!

Was thinking of getting ktec coilovers what do you guys recommend?

Good to see local members on here cheers for the comments :smile:

Kosy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I agree, it looks cracking.

There's lots posted on here about suspension. Aside from the £70 a 98 Ron map will cost you, I think it's the best money you will spend on your car.

A lot of people opt for new OEM dampers and either eibach or cooksport springs. I have eibachs and like them. It's not as expensive as coilovers obviously and works well. Particularly with a whiteline rear anti roll bar.

If I was spending more I would ideally get Bilstein B14s which I believe are fantastic for the road and potentially even better than the Trophy Sachs setup.

The track lads (which I'm not) tend to go for more focused coilovers such as GAZ or AST but they will be better to advise you.

Is it on good tyres? These cars are very sensitive to that.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I'm a massive fan of OE dampers and Eibachs (never tried the cooksports), I had B14's a few years back and they were fantastic but a bit overkill on the road, yet some say they are a bit soft for track work, but I see they are now about half the price they used to be so I might try a set on the 182!

Liam_182

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Sport 182
I'll check out the billstein's I won't be using the car for the track at all mate just be looking for a good road setup!

I personally think the car handles like a go kart as it is - sticks to the road like glue haha

It's on pirrelli tyres mate the alloys are a bit scraped from the previous owner nothing major but enough to annoy me lol either going to get them refurbed or go for a set of turinis think they look the part tbh

What difference does that remap make to the car would you say?

One more thing has anyone local got a fault reader or recommend anyone to goto? Passenger airbag/service light keeps randomly coming on pain in the arse lol

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Just by Liverpool mate. Was going to recommend efi in Runcorn for the remap but it's a fair distance lol

Kosy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Do some searches on the rstuner 98 remap here.

I found that with mine it:
Idled better
Was much smoother to drive cold
More responsive / pull low down

People have stuck them on the dyno and max bhp isn't really improved but I found that my car is so much better to drive now.

You can buy an rstuner on here for £100 and sell for £100 after your are done with it. You pay Fastchip to unlock it (£45) and for the 98 map (£20) and that's it. Don't get the pops and bangs map as its been known to affect engines.

Also probably worth you paying the £12 to be a member here as the for sale section is brilliant. Picked up most bits for my car here.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
rstuner transforms them Imo, my current black 182 is standard and it feels dead mid range compared to my trophy, I prefer to save the hastle and just buy the rs tuner brand new and then sell on after I've done for £100. It will also let u read all your fault codes though, handy piece of equipment!

Liam_182

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Sport 182
Got her in to get the decat fitted and a custom map to suit the car not expecting too much from it but will be good to see a before & after and seeing what the starting base is!

Will post a few graphs later on tonight

Liam_182

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Sport 182
Got it done at SOS Motorsport in Falkirk cost 250 before and after runs, he done a good few runs for the money. Good accurate results aswell not exaggerated figures... Mine was 170 before and a healthy 181 afterwards so I'm happy with that good base and the difference is very noticeable car is much better/smoother with better delivery baring in mind it's only a 10bhp increase, slightly better torque aswell. I'll post up the graph in a minute

Last edited:

Liam_182

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Sport 182
Cheers mate :) Feels so much better and more responsive to drive better cold start aswell no more lumpyness really happy with it would recommend anyone in the area to go to him!

Atleast I know the cars sitting where it should be out the factory and I have a good starting point now for future mods