ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my 360 crashed

SLK 350
Thats what you get for buying revision 1.0 :)

Wait a little longer and the creases will be ironed out.

Golf GTI 1.8T
I had a play on my mates the other night, when the games loading that thing raws its the fan not the drive though aint it? couldnt use it as a stereo in my room like I do with my xbox and blimey was the back of that thing hot after only about 30 mins!

Polo + Micra
it's the drive not the fans

it's very quiet if your doing anything other than playing a game

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Yep.. deffo the dvd drive that makes the noise.. the unit is quite quiet when your not playing a game.. which is a shame as thats kinda what its designed to do lol.. also if you move your 360 from standing to flat or vice versa when playing a game the drive will scratch your disk up to buggery..

Oh and for the record my 360 has crashed once so far while playing COD2

Golf GTI 1.8T
I played on COD2 on a 42" plasma with surround sound at my mates, it was breath taking!! So real life and the audio was excellent when doing the beach landing!

mk2 172
i have noticed the noise and the disc scratching lark when moving it but....... i am absolutely addicted to COD2 Online in full HD resolution on a 32" with surround sound, the gaming experience is something else!

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Crashed my PSP earlier whilst surfing the web whilst I had Star Wars Episode 3 rip on pause. Doh.

I dont mean to sound negative, but it's nice that the console boys are now experiencing what the PC boys have been playing for years - HiDef isnt new, it's only new to console gamers :D

Resolution/size is relative too. Sit close to a 19" LCD at 1280x1024, or sit 8ft away from a 40" LCD running 1080 or 720 (at considerably more cost). The choice is yours but the results are the same.

CoD2 is a great game either way. It's all been done a million times before of course, but this time the graphics are taking the 'reality' to a new level on both PC & 360. Everyones a winner :approve:

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
I agree Roy, but a Xbox 360 is around £300-400, of which you could spend that and more alone on a decent graphics card for a PC.

IMHO I prefer PC Games, but out of the box plug and play you can't beat the latest gen of consoles.

CC.

Yeah I agree entirely, but the 'HiDef' card only comes into play if you spend a fortune on a new TV or plug it into a PC monitor.

i think i will stick with me pc for now lol. could never gte used to useing dam joypads anyway. keyboard and mouse all the way for me.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Roy Munson said:
Yeah I agree entirely, but the 'HiDef' card only comes into play if you spend a fortune on a new TV or plug it into a PC monitor.

Hell yeah! I can't run to a HiDef tv just to play games. I'll wait until Sky goes Hi-Def and all the channels and then i'll think about it! haha! :)

We all know that the PC is equally as capable as the 360, and that in 6 months time it will have left it a long way behind. The fact that you can get near PC visuals for a 1/4 of the price makes the 360 oustanding value.

There really isnt an argument between each format, as both are so different in nature that neither side will ever agree. The reasons why the console boys dont like PCs, are the reasons the PC boys do like them.

Very correct Roy. They are good value for the performance you get from them. its all swings and roundabouts. pc are expensive for first out lay but then its cheap to keep it to top spec buy selling your old gear and buying new stuff. i spend no more than £300-£400 a year on upgradeing my pc and thats the price of a console so they both even there self out. but its good that the consoles can now do more and more what a pc does for half the cost. ps3 will be very tempting for me when its released.